Status
Not open for further replies.
It will idle well rich because it covers up the underlying issue......
I suggest something around 14-14.5 if possible, a change in timing may be needed. some motors want more some less, experiment sir.

My engine idles around 15.5 if that tells yang anything.

• Sponsors (?)

It will idle well rich because it covers up the underlying issue......
I suggest something around 14-14.5 if possible, a change in timing may be needed. some motors want more some less, experiment sir.

My engine idles around 15.5 if that tells yang anything.
And you're thinking the "underlying issue" is a vacuum leak?

It surges and hunts lean (14.5/7). It stays fairly steady rich. There is already 22 degrees at idle.

Holy lucky SOB you are on those trans bolts. Glad you found the source of the oil leak, and its kinda funny that you now have another one. It wouldnt be your car if you werent fixing the same problem a few times in different ways.
Yeah,...who knows what could've broke w/the transmission allowed to move around w/ a solid mounted motor?

The pump I just don't know...I can see one damn place that oil could come from,..it just appears after running the engine.

Imagine all the leak free burnouts you could already be doing in your Chinee turbo'd 408W Monster.... But you have to be different. I cant wait to post a vid of my '89 with its "super turbo" mufflers once I put an off road H on it. Blast my sameness all up in your thread so you can relive the early 90's like I am doing the early 2000's.

Reactions: 1 user
And you're thinking the "underlying issue" is a vacuum leak?

It surges and hunts lean (14.5/7). It stays fairly steady rich. There is already 22 degrees at idle.
I going to quote some techno jargon real quick.
-sequential injection can idle lean 14.7 or leaner.
-batch fire (what you have) don't like to idle lean but will if tweaked correctly. easiest method is to get afr into mid 13 so cylinder pulse reversion has less affect.
-most engine idle best between 10-18* timing. (This i don't really agree with completely my best idle is at 20*)

For the record -I am not running sequential injection through trial and error I found that my engine like to be on the lean side, sometime very lean. it idle best at AFR 16 I added fuel because it seemed too lean according to the "experts"

Imagine all the leak free burnouts you could already be doing in your Chinee turbo'd 408W Monster.... But you have to be different. I cant wait to post a vid of my '89 with its "super turbo" mufflers once I put an off road H on it. Blast my sameness all up in your thread so you can relive the early 90's like I am doing the early 2000's.

The picture you're painting is all wrong.

Imagine me coming to terms with the fact that I caved in, and built another one of those pieces of naval lint.

Imagine me descending into the state of depression that could only come from the knowledge that I have another one of the same,...nothing to set the car apart from the rest of the hive, just another worker bee buzzing around throughout the rest of my days......
Wearing the exact same shades of yellow and black, with the same length antenna, the same six legs, making the same buzzing noises,..blah, blah, blah..

You'd read about me in the near future....Found dead.

Where I stung myself to death.

Reactions: 1 users
Just saying, there is something to be said about reliability, and not wondering "will sh*t come unglued today?" literally, lol. And aside from hearing a V8 tone come out of the tailpipe, nothing else about the car lends itself to the rest of the bees.

Havent checked your forecast. Still getting rain, or has it moved on? Maybe after the storm you will be able to wash it without risk of being fined/arrested.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I want the "coming into boost, smoke the big 315's" video myself, whatabout it Mike?
Not until I know that rolling into the throttle won't melt the engine down. I'm thinkin I'm gonna take the car to a stretch of road this afternoon and try and get the accel enrich tuned....maybe I'll take my Go-Pro wannabe and strap it to my head.

Reactions: 2 users
Not until I know that rolling into the throttle won't melt the engine down. I'm thinkin I'm gonna take the car to a stretch of road this afternoon and try and get the accel enrich tuned....maybe I'll take my Go-Pro wannabe and strap it to my head.

Film. Now.

Reactions: 1 users
IMG_1182.JPG

Sorry gents.....no way to strap the camera to my head. I guess I need to invest in that kinda gizmo.

So,....The car has made it there and back.

There is the Bessemer Municipal Airport and back. Another 5 miles on the car,...This time with a stretch of road long enough to put the thing in 4th gear. (by pushing a button).

That worked. It goes in, and comes out of 4th simply by pushing a button. Imagine that,.....Just like it's sposed to.

It died on me a few times at the turn around spot though,..but again.....tuning.

I spoke w/ Steve prior to the little trip, and he modified my tune to allow for some acceleration enrichment..( The same as changing out a pump squirter) But,...much in the same way that that JVC camera satyed on a work bench when I couldn't be bothered to figure out how to secure it. I wasn't able to get my computer to connect to the ECU because of some glitch w/ the bluetooth adapter. I went on the trip w/o the benefit of that tune, so all I did was drive......easy.

When I got back home it was dark. (It was almost dark when I left) And whatever is wrong w/ my headlights where they flicker on/off, they were giving me fits. So the car was put to bed. The damn switch works fine when the car is sitting there,..give it a minute and it starts acting like it's shorting, or losing it's grounds. Either way,..I can't duplicate the damn issue when it's sitting still.

When I got it back in the driveway, I decided to restart my computer, and that fixed my bluetooth issue. I loaded Steve's modified tune. Now it appears that I have decent throttle response. The engine revs freely w/ no noticeable flat spot.

But I still got this damn whistle....It's really starting to p iss me off.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.