1990 Gt N2O questions.....NEWBIE

GTCobra90

Dec 29, 2005
I have a 1990 5.0 with a freshened up motor, I am going to put a 75-100 shot on it..... My question to you all is do I have to do anything special to the computer or any thing else? I do know that the rule of thumb is to pull out 2* of timing for every 50 horse shot of juice..... My car is a 5 speed car, and I know about the basics of n2o and the kit that I will be using is a wet shot so keep that in mind when giving info.....

Thanks.... Lee:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

most 75-100 shot wet kits are made to bolt right up without any upgrades and the only changes they recommend is the timing which you know and 1 step colder plugs and smaller gap i gapped mine with a 90 hse pwr. shot at .047...and it is smart to use a window switch which activates the nitrous at a specified rpm.mine is set at 3000 rpms and a (w.o.t.) wide open throttle switch the w.o.t. switch usually comes with the kit and a fuel pressure cutoff switch....ensure you have a good nitrous filter the filter usually comes with the kit and a heater with a pressure cutoff switch which you can adjust to turn heater off at 900-1100 psi and a guage.it all adds up and its not cheap..but i bought a compucar nitrous system used because they carry a lifetime warranty that follows there product from owner to owner and the only other nitrous dealer with the same warranty is nitrous express...and other products you will want that does'nt come with the kits are blow down tube and automatic bottle opener..