1993 f150 lightning

93cobra12

Nov 21, 2003
Seatte, WA
hey guys, got a quick question here.. Im lookin for a truck to get, an i saw a 1993 f150 lightning yesterday, does anyone know about these trucks ??

the guy wanted 7k for it, it had a brand new 351 w/ like 20k on it, w/ an s trim.. THe car itself had about 138k.. Tranny is stock, the car has some suspension mods, car has boost and oil guages. The one thing i didnt like about it was it had a dent in the front right fender.. Said he got hit at like cosco, the way it looks, it looks legit.. It looks minor but its a decent hit.. What would you guys offer him ?? If it was an authentic lightning, would it have marking on the car itself?

I drove the car it felt nice, steered straight, powerful , felt really sturdy.

Let me know what you guys think !! thanks fellas

• Sponsors (?)

Thats sounds a bit to much...with a dent...and those miles...but the superchager and "new motor" helps....

The 93 Lightning comes with 240 horsepower and 340 lb's or torque...they ran mid 15's or so...slow compared to the new lightnings...

It has a 351 (5.8L) in it...but they didn't come with a supercharger...it sounds like that truck should make some good power with that S trim...and if I'm not mistaken it does have a LIGHTNING letters on the sides of the rear by the tailgate...

You can always do a VIN check to see if it is an actual lightning...

I'd look into it :nice:

Good Luck,
David

thanks for the info.. It drives really nice, thats dent is the only reason why i havent bought it yet, but other than that it seems like a good deal.. I dont know if i should continue lookin or grab this one before someone else does.. I love the fact that its a brand new motor w/ an s trim.. tranny seems to be in good shape when i drove it.. no tickin no clunking noise.. everything else is in good shape, but that one dent.. hood is still alined.. so it was a clean hit..

You think its worth 7k ??