1996 mustang gt upgrades

erythnul

Jun 21, 2005
i have a 1996 mustang gt bone stock with a 2001 gt in it.. iknow the only way to get mad horsepower is to throw a supercharger on it...so what all things do ineed to do to get the engine ready for a supercharger.... i'm looking around 6 psi...

• Sponsors (?)

I was running 6psi with a safe tune and just blew one of my cylinders. Depends on your driving style. I used mine for open track sessions. I have the same setup as you, 01 motor in a 96GT. If you can afford it, go forged bottom end. while you're at it, throw on some blower cams, that's what i'm gonna do now =(

Well I guess the normally recommended "pi swap" is out of the question for you since you're running the good engine. I would start as stated above with some good blower cams, some gears (depending on what supercharger, twin screw: 3.73's or centrifugal: 4.10's,) suspension work to make launching easier, and perhaps some drag radials.

erythnul said:
i have a 1996 mustang gt bone stock with a 2001 gt in it.. iknow the only way to get mad horsepower is to throw a supercharger on it...so what all things do ineed to do to get the engine ready for a supercharger.... i'm looking around 6 psi...

3.73 GEARs. If it is a an Auto get the Jmod shift kit done. Go to www.tccoa.com Open up the exhaust too.

ok thanks i didnt know that i knew it was diff but didnt know what part was. my friend was telling me that they all were pi or there was no diff but now i can tell him other wise

the 96 had 215hp, the 01 engine will give you 260hp and responds better to modification. Get yourself a free flowing mid pipe, catback, some gears and if you can get some long tube headers. That will really wake that car up.