1st post - negotiating two 06 GT's now

bikeman

Feb 17, 2008
PA
Hello,
My name is Mike and after 10, yes 10 years of lusting over Mustang's, I'm finally in the market for one right now. I'm currently looking at an 06 white GT with 7500 miles at a Nissan dealer. THey have it marked at 23,800 but said they will take 21,000 OTD including my trade which is a Taurus SHO with 157,000 miles. Dealer 2 has an 06 GT in silver with 5000 miles that they have marked at 23,000 and I haven't talked to them about trades yet. They both have the same trim with red leather and 18 inch wheels. The white one has a couple tiny stone chips up front. The silver one has a flawless body, Ford catback exhaust, but smells like an ashtray inside. That dealer claims they can desmoke it with some machine, but seem to not want to do that until I commit to a price, which I think is crazy. What do you think would be a fair out the door price on either of these cars would be? Note: the silver one may be out all together if they can't get the smoke smell out. It's a shame as it's a perfect low mileage car, that right now will only appeal to smokers.

MIke

• Sponsors (?)

Im not sure what a fair price for those two stangs are,but to me they seem over priced. I picked my 07 black GT pretty much fully loaded for around 24,000 brand new back in April. Im sure you can find a better one for a much better price. just be patient.
Patrick:flag:

New is not that much more. I agree about the smoker's car. That's a smell you probably can never get out.
Smokers should at least respect Mustangs enough to not smoke in them. There should be a law.

...I picked my 07 black GT pretty much fully loaded for around 24,000 brand new back in April. ...

Are you serious? That's good to know. I went to look at an 08 last evening but the payments were more than I could live with. Might go looking for leftover 07s if they're that close to dealer prices on 06's.

Mike

New is not that much more. I agree about the smoker's car. That's a smell you probably can never get out.
Smokers should at least respect Mustangs enough to not smoke in them. There should be a law.

I smoke in my car... I think we should look into the idiots that drink and drive in their Mustangs first (considering that IS a law). My car, my money, and if I want to sh it in it, I will :)

If you've waited 10 years for a Stang, then you can wait a bit longer until Ford offers the 0% APR on remaining stock(what I did the end of August '06:nice: )and you get it lower than sticker AND free money($13.xx/$1000)! Mine stickered at just under $31K, $1000 down and NO trade and I'm under $400/month:rock:

I dip snuff, keep a spit tune in the cup holder. When I get out I empty it, no worse for wear ha ha. It seems you could get close on a new one if you concider better interest rates on new and they will finance longer. My dads a ford retiree, I could get you a pin for friends and family if that would help ya.

I just wouldn't buy a car that's been smoked in as it will be riddled with nicotine.

I'm all for the right to smoke or even urinate in your own car but even more for the right to refuse point blank to buy it. I'd leave it and shop round - never settle for second best. If the dealer was confident he could remove the smell, wouldn't he just do it or is he hoping to save some money and sell it to a smoker?

It may seem a good idea and extremely tempting now but if you shoulder a liability, you only have yourself to blame and when you come to sell, you'll take the hit.

If you've waited 10 years for a Stang, then you can wait a bit longer until Ford offers the 0% APR on remaining stock(what I did the end of August '06:nice: )and you get it lower than sticker AND free money($13.xx/$1000)! Mine stickered at just under $31K, $1000 down and NO trade and I'm under $400/month:rock:

wow thats impressive! 60 or 72 months?

I got my 07 new on X plan plus I think $2500 rebate last June. That put a $32,000 car in the $26,000 range.
0 percent will probably come when the stock is almost depleted.
A new GT, I believe, can be had for $24,000 depending on how it is equipped. (Mine has automatic, premier trim package, heated seats, satellite radio, etc.
Shop around. I believe you will be rewarded with some patience.

Bought mine fully loaded brand new special ordered everything I wanted for $23k. I have this supercharged beauty for barely more than that. I was offered $26k in trade but wont take it.

I will be waiting around I beleive. Just for kicks, since I had this concern, I stopped in the credit union to see if I could get a loan through them. In short, no. On paper it looks like I'm strapped for cash when in reality my wife is a full time student, but has a job lined up to make about 1.5 times as much as me. Credit union can't do anything until she starts this job. Oh well. This is going to be a long 3 month wait!

Still blown away that some of you are getting new GT's for 24-26 grand. Good to know. Hopefully there's still some inventory left when we're back to being a two income household.

Mike

Still blown away that some of you are getting new GT's for 24-26 grand. Good to know. Hopefully there's still some inventory left when we're back to being a two income household.

Mike

They will be out there, but you have to be willing to posibbly take one with something you don't want/need. Mine was just over $27K after the discounts and incentives.