1st Post...Totaled 5.0 Notch ~PICS~

• Sponsors (?)

I really appericate everyone's concern. I wish the hit would have been a little less severe, but the main thing is that i can build the next one bigger and better and not mess that one up.

If anyone needs parts, feel free to let me know...I'd rather have her go to fellow stang owners instead of the bone yard... PM me with needs you may have.

I had my stang running for a month, after 2yrs of it being down, some douche in a Focus almost did me like that in an intersection last month. They must have been doing 80-100 mph. It was cold, dark, and my some windows were still fogged. I had the green arrow, I looked both ways and it was clear, I get out into the middle of the street and this Focus comes flying out of nowhere. I thought they were gonna hit the back of the car stopped at the light, but he was gonna hit me. Luckly he slowed down in time, and he still ran the red light!

Its sad when we put a lot of work into our cars just for some dumbass driver to f#*k it up!

Wow that looks like it hurt i'm glad to see you walked away from it though...

The good thing is you were able to recover the car and not let the junk yard take it...

Good luck and you'll see a pm from me there....

ok was the accident your fault?? Or did I miss that. If you only had liability and its the other guys fault you still be should covered.???????

thats the trickey part...i thought i had the green arrow, so i turned into the middle of the intersection and by the time i was out there, i had already been hit. The light cycles and even if traffic is moving in both directions, if you pull into the turn lane, it will stop traffic and let the turn lane go. So to be 100% honest, i think i had the right of way. Problem with that is, the other driver had a passenger that was a "witness" (how i dont know) and she said that they had the right of way... unfortunatly, i had a dick of a cop and was in a college town, and the lady that hit me was 50 some years old, so the cop tore into me right away. I explained to him that i am not suicidal and would not pull my car out in front of a vehicle that weights 1.5 times that of my car, especially at that clip of speed. So, the cop got pissed off and threw me the ticket for disobeying the traffic control signal, but i had no way to prove otherwise since she had a witness.

All in all, i got the shaft.

Damn man you're lucky to be alive. I've seen fatalities from much less destruction. I'd say that coupe saved your life so i'd be happy about it in a weird kind of way. You can always get another one.

Damn man you're lucky to be alive. I've seen fatalities from much less destruction. I'd say that coupe saved your life so i'd be happy about it in a weird kind of way. You can always get another one.

I'm glad that i had my belt on. With out it, i may have nailed my head pretty hard. Its still hard to go through that intersection or to go look at the car. To see somthing that you care about so much in such a distructed state.

I really do appericate everyones concern and support. You guys are great!

~Darren

I was the first at the scene of a fatal T-bone collision where a Dodge Ram hit a Grand Am straight in the passenger side going 65mph...no time for brakes or anything, just nailed it. The truck hit the car so hard that the pillar that separates the front and back doors was literally in the middle of the car, and that's what killed the lady driving. I can't imagine how it would've looked if he had hit the driver's side. She pulled out crossing a highway without looking both ways. Gotta be careful at the intersections!

Those pics make me wanna put a cage in my car...
If anyone was in the passenger seat they would be pretty banged up if not worse.

I dont have collision on my coupe either (USAA wont do that unless the car is worth X amount...) so im really sketchy on other drivers when im out.

Good to know your okay though. Pretty big hit.