1st time Stanger needs your help!!

02GT02

Jan 8, 2004
Hi all,
A fellow 1st time Mustanger needs some help.
A buddy of mine just ordered some 4.10's for his '03 GT(5-spd) and we have been going back and forth on the best way to recal his speedo.
I personally think a reflash is best and suggested he pull the computer and send it out,but among other things he can't do without the car for long periods since it's his only transportation.
Long story short I told him I would post it to you guys and let majority rule!
So what's it gonna be?

Thanks to all in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

02GT02 said:
Hi all,
A fellow 1st time Mustanger needs some help.
A buddy of mine just ordered some 4.10's for his '03 GT(5-spd) and we have been going back and forth on the best way to recal his speedo.
I personally think a reflash is best and suggested he pull the computer and send it out,but among other things he can't do without the car for long periods since it's his only transportation.
Long story short I told him I would post it to you guys and let majority rule!
So what's it gonna be?

Thanks to all in advance!
Is he on a budget? If not, spring for a tuner. If so, go with the Dallas Mustang SpeedCal. Do some research on the both. You'll find their are a few other benefits with the tuner. Also, I think the folks at T&J have a pretty good turn around time for getting your computer back to you from what I hear.

Good Luck :nice:

Just drive it the way it is and guesstimate until he gets enuff mods to get it on a dyno and have a chip burned for it or have the ecm reflashed, cuz why do the reflash twice?

Roush21 said:
Just drive it the way it is and guesstimate until he gets enuff mods to get it on a dyno and have a chip burned for it or have the ecm reflashed, cuz why do the reflash twice?
Only problem with that is he'll rack up a lot of extra miles. Going from 3.27's to 3.73's will net him about 18 - 20% more miles than he is actualy driving. I could be off on those numbers, but at any rate who wants extra miles that are not really there. That's just my .02

Roush21, what are you putting down on a Dyno? I bet that beast rapes the tires too!!