2.02 or 2.05 valves?

Anyone who has checked out my previous threads knows that im workin on a 351W for my notch. Obviously its a big decision on what heads to go with. I thought, heck with it, ill just go with some Victor Jrs. and get the big intake ports and big valves so i can upgrade later down the road and not have to swap heads. But i would like to hear some advice from u guys, should i go that route, or just go with some 2.02s and 1.60s, like an AFR 185? One of my buddies at work has a 92 Notch(MINT!) with a 347 stroker with AFR 205s, Victor Jr. EFI, 38lb injectors etc. and he goes 10.53s all night with that car and its N/A, and totally streetable. He said just step up and go big! THe thing is, he races almost every weekend up and down the northeast and mid atlantic. Also, my other question is, if i throw in a set of flat top pistons with valve reliefs, will a 2.05 valves clear the piston, or will it have to be cut down even more? thanks guys for all the help so far, i really appreciate it!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

The only reason I went with the 185s was because I wanted to be backward compatible with emissions if the need ever arose. Otherwise, I'd have gone with the larger 225s.

A good aftermarket piston should have plenty of relief for most cams and their overlap period.

With 351 cubes, I would think you something in the AFR 205 range. The Victor Jr's aren't to bad though. Just think, you have 4 more cubes than him. Practically a 347 cubic inch capable car, if not more.

The valve sizing is not that critical, in which you are comparing.

My vote is AFR 205's, assuming you are not worried about smog, as stated.

yea im not worried about the emissions, im going carbed. I have an 850 demon for her, and the 351W is .040 over. All stock bottom end though, but completely rebuilt. Im gonna toss the stock pistons for some flat tops, and try to get around 10:1 or 10.5:1. Now my next dillema! haha. Do i keep the motor Hydraulic Flat Tappet, or...........well what are my options?! Its a '75 block, so its not roller obviously. But i didnt know if i could run some roller rockers or can i convert it all to roller, or just stay flat tappet? thanks for the info!

Is it a 351W, 351M, etc.?

I still say go with the AFR 205's for the 359.

Flat tappet cam break-ins are pretty 'picky', and if you could come up with a deal, get some hydraulic roller lifters, hydraulic roller cam, with a roller conversion kit.

Get the AFR 205's in a stud-mounted version of course. They are easier to adjust than stock pedestal mounted heads.

I thought Crane had a kit for the 351 windsor, but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head.

Maybe a google search wouldn't be a bad idea:)

Good Luck, sounds like you have nice plans!