2.3l no spark

OES

Jul 12, 2008
Bossier City La
First I would like to say hi. I bought my first mustang it is a 2.3 4cyl 5 speed car. The problem I have is it supposably jumped time and the previose owner had the timming belt replaced. It would not run so the coils were replaced the crank position sensor was replaced. It sat for 2 years now it is mine. I am new to ford so bear with me. I had the DIS modual checked at several places to ensure a good test. I checked the cam/crank timming and the wires on the new crank sensor are good. I have fire going to the Coils (both), modual, and crank pos sensor. I have replaced the computor and still no luck. I have noticed that the tach at will jump to about 400rpm and back to zero immediatly. I have absoluty no spark at any plugs. Like I said I am new to the system and have exhausted Mr. Hanes. Oh yea forgot to mention the reen wire on the alt. is at 11.4 volt (was told that would stop a car from running. Thank you in advance for any help you can give I am at wits end with this car.

• Sponsors (?)

I think I stumbeled across something. While probing with my volt ohm meter I Grounded the neg to the neg on the batt. When I touched the dk blu pin on the car side of there was some noise then the spark plug fired. I have almost .5 volt and can repeat the prcoess and get spark every time matter of fact both coils fire. I double checked the wiring on the new crank pos. sensor and it seems correct. Question is can I test this crank position sensor and what are the odds of getting a bad one from the store? So close yet so far away

Thanks for the response. The engine and chassis are both grounded good. I double checked the backing plate between the module and intake, area around CPS, and the head all tested good. As for the plugs they are gapped at .045. Still no luck.

Sorry it has taken so long for a responce I have been busy. I work out here at Barksdale things are a little crazy right now. I am new to Ford I do not know what CEL codes are or how to retrive them. As far as the ICM it has been tested at a few different auto stores and I had each store test it at least 3 times. I heard that some times they test bad after heat builds up in them but it always passed. I guess there is no way to test the crank sensor so I will go to the bone yard and see if I can find one I forgot that a Mazda pickup has the same motor so I should be able to cann one from there. I hate electrical problems:mad: