2 questions for ya guys

Hey , how ya all doing. Stuck on a few things here. Well, i,ve been
smelling gas ever since i bought the car, not real bad,, just every once and awile. I tried to fill the car up to full one day and oh man..got to friends house and gas was leakin out like crazy. There was no hole in the gastank or nothing
, it was coming out from the tube that connects the gastank to where ya
fill it up when ya pumping. Is it a bad seal or sumthing? whatever it is, is
it fixable by an amutear, or do i have to go to a shop...i wouldnt think it would be to bad,, but ya know...messing around with the fuel is always dangerous.

And my second question for ya guys is my brakes have been acting kinda wierd latley. If i hit them kinda hard..it sounds like a thump sound..and i can kinda feel it on the pedal...i mean its kinda hard to explain...it makes a noise and i dont like it. If i'm cruisin, then its ok..just when i hit them kinda hard.
Any help would be great. Thankz

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

I know on my mustang (79) a steel pipe went into the tank. And there is a rubber grommet that seals the tank to the pipe. It proably smells so bad because the steel pipe goes through the trunk or hatch. Yours should be the same. Take a closer look around. Just don't be smoking while you do this and you should be good. :D

put on some work clothes and lay on your back and look up under the back side, youll see the entire tubing for the tank, possibly whats leaking. The rubber gromet like spoken of is right where the piping enters the side of the tank. the piping literally just *slides* into the tank, that rubber its its only real hold/seal...make sure that piping is pushed all the way into the tank .

Brakes, if you get a shudder when you step down , it A: maybe time for some new brakes, a line blead, and some turned rotors (maybe new if they are too far gone). Everytime i have delt with brake shudder it has been on wornout brakes and/or warped/grooved rotors.

hope this helps
-jarrod

mr_woodster said:
put on some work clothes and lay on your back and look up under the back side, youll see the entire tubing for the tank, possibly whats leaking. The rubber gromet like spoken of is right where the piping enters the side of the tank. the piping literally just *slides* into the tank, that rubber its its only real hold/seal...make sure that piping is pushed all the way into the tank.

If your looking for a good time to quit smoking, now is the time :D