2 years, 7 weeks, 1 day and...

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
ITS ALIVE!!! My car finally started tonight for the first time since April 10th of 2005 when I blew it up and it ran for the last time. I'm too tired now for details, but here are some pics. The hood and bumper still need their final fitment which will be done tomorrow.

172089.jpg

172090.jpg

172091.jpg

172092.jpg

172093.jpg

172094.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Motor looks good and congrats on getting it back in action! That feeling you get when it fires up for the first time makes it all worth it. The new bumper/hood look really good, too. I like it much better than the old setup. :nice:

:hail2: :hail2:

DON'T BLOW IT UP THIS TIME! :D

It looks great! Your car has always looked awesome, and I wasn't sure about the new parts, but you made a good thing even better. Did you drive it yet? We need more pics and videos!

So by now have you gotten up and driven it a bit????

A long time in coming but I am sure it will be worth it.... You definitely did it right this time around...

Let's see you got into the 11's before... we aiming for 10s now?

BTW, Looks Killer Killer....

Thanks guys! I haven't driven it yet as the wheels still need mounted, as do the bullitt rear springs and I have to finish buttoning up the front bumper. I just remembered this moring that I have no tail pipes on the car so I need to try and find time to weld them back on or find somewhere that can do it in a hurry for me.

I really like the new body stuff better, but I want to see it with my wheels on and out of the garage before I make my final judgement.

I blew up the old motor 2 passes after I ran my 12.03 as I missed 4th gear and it went into 2nd. I bent all of the exhaust valves and hit all of the pistons. My old engine only had 10lbs of oil pressure at idle, the new one has 60lbs!

I have no idea what kind of power this combo will make as its all mismatched and will remian that way for the rest of the year, but this is just a "get me by" stage as I have a whole lot more planned for it. I just ran out of time and money and wanted to get it back on the road.

Congrats Paul. So assuming you have no drivabilty issues, does this mean we will see you at Carlisle?

BTW it looks great, but like you said you really can't make a judgement untill you see it put back together and outside.

Wow, I didn't realize that it had been that long since you last had your Mustang running. So far, I have only had my Mustang off the road for a few months at a time and not driving it has been really bothering me.

Congrats and I'm sure you'll keep us posted with more pics and timeslips. :nice:

Paul, that looks awesome. Its people like you that make me stick with this hobby. Ive got so many little problems with the car now, that it pisses the hell out of me to the point where i wanna sell it and get a more reliable car. But then i see projects that take a year or 2 like yours, and i get in my car and fire it up, and realize its all worth it. The time and the money are all worth it.

The car is lookin awesome as usual man, and i cant wait to see it all cleaned up and finished!

Paul, that looks awesome. Its people like you that make me stick with this hobby. Ive got so many little problems with the car now, that it pisses the hell out of me to the point where i wanna sell it and get a more reliable car. But then i see projects that take a year or 2 like yours, and i get in my car and fire it up, and realize its all worth it. The time and the money are all worth it.

The car is lookin awesome as usual man, and i cant wait to see it all cleaned up and finished!

couldn't've said it better myself.