Roush 2000-2004 S-281SC 1/4 mile time slips

• Sponsors (?)

The nitto drag radials are an amazing tire. I had a 550RWHP mustang with the nitto drag radials and I would heat them up really good and do a 4500rpm launch. I have heard that with the modular motor you have to kind of feather the clutch and start at lower rpms to compensate for the lack of torque, however I do not have first hand knowledge of this senario.

SGOODRIC50 said:
The nitto drag radials are an amazing tire. I had a 550RWHP mustang with the nitto drag radials and I would heat them up really good and do a 4500rpm launch. I have heard that with the modular motor you have to kind of feather the clutch and start at lower rpms to compensate for the lack of torque, however I do not have first hand knowledge of this senario.

he is right, i launch at 3500-4000 on bfg drag radials and if i just let out the clutch fast, my tires hook and the car bogs of the line. I launch at 3500-4000 and slip the clutch but try to do it quick enough so my 60 dosent suck and i dont bog.

As soon as i put the s4blower on the 00gt i ran 12.6 at 109 on dr's thats with stock exhaust except high flow xpipe with cats. Added my own sct tune and mass air pump and injectors also pulley and ran 11.9 at 114.8 and i keep it at 11.5 af ratio as well [email protected] with any questions contact me