2000 Cobra R Hood, Wing, and Splitter

• Sponsors (?)

In my opinion, the hood looks good, the bumper is ALRIGHT, though im not a fan of the splitter they molded into it, but the wing is terrible. It doesnt match the lines of our cars at all. It matches the 99+ lines better because they are sharp, though i dont know if it "belongs" on those stangs either.

i'd personally go with just the bumper and hood--not a fan of huge wings, or really any type of wing on a mustang, heh. there are a few picture's on cervini's site, just search and you should come up with a few.

Thanks 95RioSnake. Here are some pics. Its kinda hard to see the detail in the hood because of the custom paint, but with or without the paint it is still my favorite hood. I too debated about taking the wing off and doing something else but everytime I think about it everyone says no way! Nearly everyone that sees the car in person says keep the wing. So it remains on the car. I know some don't like it but I like it. I just sometime question wether another wing would look better.

Oh, by the way, I think the 2000 Cobra R is the best looking production mustang ever, can you tell?

3341-(820x552).jpg

156_(820x559).jpg

man, everytime i see this car i regreat not being able to get the kit. all the inclines and potholes around here would've cost me a ridiculous amount of $$$ in repairs and paint touch-ups. one day... one day...

5.0_GT_kid said:
The hood looks good, but the rest of that kit just looks retarded on our cars...it just don't match.
i used to think the same thing, but then again, what doesn't really match? the ONLY thing i can see is the way the bumper splitter comes up at the ends. the wing isn't an issue with me because i wouldn't put it on and that's it--even then, it's more round than sharp. the side skirts are like the saleen skirts for our body style, only they're a tad lower. what aside from the splitter don't match?

Ram000 said:
i used to think the same thing, but then again, what doesn't really match? the ONLY thing i can see is the way the bumper splitter comes up at the ends. the wing isn't an issue with me because i wouldn't put it on and that's it--even then, it's more round than sharp. the side skirts are like the saleen skirts for our body style, only they're a tad lower. what aside from the splitter don't match?

That whole front bumper looks out of place on our cars...IMO. The side skirts are ok though.

5.0_GT_kid said:
I think your car pry looks better with the Cobra bumper and lip :nice:
hehe, it's not on yet, but i'm hoping to get it on there either tomorrow or tuesday! car's like 4 different colors right now cause i'm doing the body work, but i still wanna get teh kit on already--it'll make it seem like the body work's almost done. i'll be sure and post pics asap.

so, camaroeater? no response to your thread?

I dont like Cervinis Cobra R front. Look at 69clark's front compared to that... Clarks has lines by like where the splitter is on the sides it matches the lines on our cars... I think it looks great Just wish the splitter wouldnt stick out so far. Thought about getting one and trimming it off... Hmm Not sure how that would go though...

judging from the rest of clark's kit, i'd say the front is ABC exclusive's version of the kit. aside from that line you mentioned, monstamack, i'd say the rest of the bumper is pretty much exactly the same. the splitter ends at the same height that the sideskirt/body line does to it ties in the fit a lot better. i wouldn't mind either, personally.

so steve? you buying, or what?