2000 gt cruise control delete option?

ban-one

Mar 30, 2005
ny
i just bought a silver 2000 gt today 5 speed, 50,000 miles for 8900 bucks but when i went to test drive it it didnt have cruise control or power seats, but seats are leather? was there an option package that could of been ordered or not ordered in 2000? and can i add cruise control to it now? :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

There was an option called "Convenience Group" that included front floor mats, rear window defroster, speed control, and power driver's seat for $550. If you've got the other listed items then something's up. You might be able to add cruise control although I've not seen aftermarket kits for it:shrug: Haven't really looked either though lol.

it has rear defroster on it just a powerless leather driver seat and no cruise, could someone have removed it,cause it failed or they didnt like it? how could i find out.

Look under the hood at the throttle body,

1 cable connects to the throttle pedal and if there is another one present than that is the cruise control cable.

I think Ford made cruise standard on the GT in 2001. I know that for my year, cruise control, floor mats, 8-way power seat and rear defroster were standard options