2000 GT t45 trans and 4.10?

blockhead

Feb 24, 2004
i have a 2000 GT with the t45 trans. it came with the 3.55 gear set but im looking for more BITE. would makeing the switch to 3.73 be much of a differance? i was concidering 4.10 (which i prefer) but i hear that for the t45 it mite be to much. with my trans and 4.10 at 80mph is 2,878rpm. i picked 80mph becouse thats how i drive on the freeways. between 70-80.. this is the brake down on my choices

3.55 @ 80mph = 2,492
3.73 @ 80mph = 2,618
4.10 @ 80mph = 2,878

any of you out there with the t45 and 4.10? help me decide please

• Sponsors (?)

blockhead said:
are your RPM's as high as my chart? i mean as the online calc. said? how's the drone?

Yes, your chart appears to be correct.
Therefore, 4.10's with a T45 should give you slightly greater gains than with a TR3650 due to slightly higher revs.
The drone is always around 2000 rpms no matter what you do.

I would highly recomend changing to a 4.10 gear. My friend has a 2000 GT 5 spd and his gears are awesome. He does have alot of drone but he also has straight thru muffs and an x-pipe. It livened his car up alot without being unpractical. Go for it. :nice:

menasci said:
I have 4.10's on my T45 on my '01.
I've never heard of any problems, nor experienced any.
Get the 4.10's, if I would have gone with 3.73's I would have been pissed.
Just do it! :nice:
menasci said:
Yes, your chart appears to be correct.
Therefore, 4.10's with a T45 should give you slightly greater gains than with a TR3650 due to slightly higher revs.
The drone is always around 2000 rpms no matter what you do.
Menasci has the right answers! Go with 4.10s. I did 3.73s on my 02, and wish I went with my heart (instead of listening to my tuner). I'm not pissed, I just doubt I could beat my wife to 70MPH. :bang:
Drone is, as stated, a 2K RPM issue, no matter which gears you go with. (Keep in mind that lower gears (higher numerically) will leave you in this 'drone range' for less time.)
5th gear is for cruising and it'll keep the revs down, but expect a drop in MPG, simply because it'll be hard to keep your brain from telling your right foot to 'just do it'. :D Gears are, literally, a kick in the pants.

T-45 with 4.10's

I have an '01 GT with the T-45 and 4.10's. This car pulls real hard now that it has the 4.10's. Your calculations are almost dead on from my highway driving experience with these gears (I drive 50 miles round trip to work every day with no problems). Don't forget the speedometer is electronically calibrated so you will need to have your computer flashed (I have a DiabloSport Predator so this made it easy).