2001 Issues?

• Sponsors (?)

The 3650 has a known issue when shifting from 1st to 2nd when the trans. is cold. You'll get a bit of a grind. Once the trans warms up it goes away. If you live in a warm climate this is a non issue for most.

There is a tsb that address it but most dealers won't fix it unless your having an issue. 3650 are in late model 01 and later year mustangs

JimC said:
The 3650 has a known issue when shifting from 1st to 2nd when the trans. is cold. You'll get a bit of a grind. Once the trans warms up it goes away. If you live in a warm climate this is a non issue for most.

There is a tsb that address it but most dealers won't fix it unless your having an issue. 3650 are in late model 01 and later year mustangs
thanks for the info!!

personally I like the manual trans, I thought the 3650 trans was better than the t45 despite the 1-2 grind? It is a newer design, which would make me think it is improved at least a little. As far as issues...umm, I have a leaky trunk(I might have fixed it havent checked recently), my stock headlights looked terrible(fogged up), I had a problem with water in my foglights, and one of my taillights gets condensation in it. I had an ignition coil go bad. But as far as horsepower per dollar I got the best deal possible I think, I paid $9,500 and my car had 38k , I bought it a year ago.

my 01 has T-45. I don't really have any issue with it "yet"..
make sure to get copy of service record(if any), and check car fax. with 37000miles, check to see if trans fluid, and rearend oil has been changed. Ford Tracklok sometimes only last about 30000miles~35000miles if you beat on it.

So just do all the pre-perchose check, and you'll be alright

The only problem I've had with my used 01 is the vibration in the wheels especially aroud 50-55 mph. I've replaced springs and shocks/struts, rebalanced the wheels, replaced bushings and the annoying shimmy is still there. It's not as bad as it used to be but it's still there. If the one your buying has that problem don't believe the bs that a simple balance or alignment will fix it.

dbucfan said:
Not sure...how would i find out whick tranny it has and BTW...which is the one i want?
and why is one better than another?
Ck the VCL sticker on the driver's side door post - under the "TR" heading, you'll either see a "6" indicating a T-45, or a "K" indicating a Tremec TR-3650. Having both in the garage, I'd much rather have the Tremec, even with all these people reporting problems with theirs (I, like most people, haven't experienced any issues with mine). The Tremec is a much stronger unit and the shifts are much more positive than the T-45. The T-45 is an old design.

twogts4us said:
Ck the VCL sticker on the driver's side door post - under the "TR" heading, you'll either see a "6" indicating a T-45, or a "K" indicating a Tremec TR-3650. Having both in the garage, I'd much rather have the Tremec, even with all these people reporting problems with theirs (I, like most people, haven't experienced any issues with mine). The Tremec is a much stronger unit and the shifts are much more positive than the T-45. The T-45 is an old design.
once again...all great info...thanks...monday is fast approaching...ohh during the test drive...any quirks besides shimmy i should look and listen for?