2001 MUSTANG Tire Size Question

[BlackDiamond]

Sep 19, 2005
Hi Guys,

I am considering buying the following wheels and tires:

17" Motegi FF7 Hyper-black
17x7.5 / 5 x 114.3 / +42 offset

Nexen 3000 Summer Tires 215/40/17

Would it be safe to use this size tire/wheels with a 2001 Mustang??
My concern is that 215 width on the tire is too small for the car.

What do you guys think?

Thanks! I appreciate any response.
-BlackDiamond

• Sponsors (?)

It's a V6, I dont understand much of this wheel/tire deal so I am not sure.

I havent purchased them yet, but yes, i am going for the good deal. Would it be dangerous to drive with these at all or will it not make a difference?

Thanks

Yes, totally stock. Plannin on lowering about 1.5" or so.

So there will be a difference but it shouldnt be something that will negatively impact the car will it? Another words, can it damage anything in the car?

no, I don`t think you can damage the car, but the bigger the tire the better handling you`ll get, Have you read the manual-I think it says the tires are 215 so it want heart the vehicle but it will give you some less handling etc

MOTEGI Those are like $150 a peace right? + check this link www.mustangtuning.com they have some 17" FR500 for about the same price and they are 17x9 or even 17x10.5 so if you decide to go w/ bigger tires in the future you can . I would go w/17x9 all arround `cose if you put 17x10.5 in the rear you wont be able to rotate the tires if you are working on a budget or so,
Good luck with the decision

another thing I just found out.. the wheel offset is 42mm... the mustang offset is about 30-35mm

will I have a problem there too?
do you guys know anyone using any wheels with offset over 35mm on a 99-04 mustang?