2002 PTK Dyno results

ZaC851

Founding Member
May 23, 2002
Birmingham, AL
450hp and 560 rwtq @ 6psi. 10.1 A/F

After 5 months of waiting I finally got all the parts in, got the car trailored to the shop. I went with Murillo Motorsports of San Antonio, TX because hes done a few modular turbos.

The cars has been down at his shop to have the turbo kit installed, fuel system mcLeod Clutch, built rear end, full tubular k member all the gauges and line lock.

Everything is done and he started tuning the car last night about 9ish.
First he said he got all the idleing right etc. He said he likes to take the car up in stages of RPMs to make sure everything is going good before making any WOT runs.

On the third run, He got to 4200 RPM's and let off. The car start decelerating he heard something that no one likes to hear. A KNOCK. At that point he already knew that the engine went and would be stupid to try anything else of fear of any further damage. He said he didnt expect to make anywhere near that power at all A/F was at 10.1. But old stock block just couldnt handle anymore than that. I'm a bit sad that this happen to my car but I've already gave the OK to him to get a new short block, cobra crank, manley rods, forged pistons and all other stuff that is needed. (He names out everything half of which I dont remember)

I'm not by any means mad at Mike at all. This is just one of them things that happen. You gotta pay to play right? I could tel he felt really bad about it. I got a little sad but now....I have even something more better to look forward to. I will have NO WORRIES not after all this is said and done. SHould make an easy 500 rwhp now. I dont believe the stock rails will hold much more. But we'll see. I'll keep everyone updated.

• Sponsors (?)

Well im glad to hear you finally got everything together, but im also sad that it broke on you already, but just think, when you get it back, it will have a built shortblock, twin turbos, and close to 600 rwhp. I cant really say anything because I havent been without my car for 5 months, but just hold on a little longer. Its coming. Oh and Screwed, are you still bolting poweradders on like I change my underwear? LOL I bet that 2.2 is going to make you a very happy man...wanna adopt? JK. Later yall

madmatt said:
Well im glad to hear you finally got everything together, but im also sad that it broke on you already, but just think, when you get it back, it will have a built shortblock, twin turbos, and close to 600 rwhp. I cant really say anything because I havent been without my car for 5 months, but just hold on a little longer. Its coming. Oh and Screwed, are you still bolting poweradders on like I change my underwear? LOL I bet that 2.2 is going to make you a very happy man...wanna adopt? JK. Later yall

It's been 7 months since I drove my car so I cant wait to get it back. Its a single GT40 turbo. Hopefully it'll be done before Sept 1st which is my new date that I'm suppose to go home.

Madmatt, still going through the power adders. :D

Zac, how much boost do you plan to run with the built motor?

Fwiw, when I made 663 rwhp I was using the stock rails. We went to the CPR rails because we thought we were short on fuel supply with the stockers above 7k rpm only to find out that we weren't. The stock rails were fine.

I'll try and make it out tomorrow during the day if it's not raining, if not, I'll definitely go on Monday.

Mike did my tune as well so he knows me...... :nice:

Mind if I drive it...........? :shrug: :p

Firemanz said:
I'll try and make it out tomorrow during the day if it's not raining, if not, I'll definitely go on Monday.

Mike did my tune as well so he knows me...... :nice:

Mind if I drive it...........? :shrug: :p

Sure go ahead. Take it for a spin around the block. By Monday it prob wont have a motor in it anymore though hehe :D