2003 Or 2004 Cobra Door Mirrors On A Gt?

2 days ago, three houses down from where I live and was about to pull in my driveway, a lady opens the door as I'm rumbling by and smashes the driver's side mirror housing on the door. It also creased the front fender by the top around 3 inches long. It was an Asian wedding and the girl, young lady, was coming out of the limo...who the f@ck gets married on a Monday using a limo!

I went to my local Ford dealer and priced out the driver's side mirror housing, black plastic housing/non painted on the GT's, and was told that piece is $215. I then asked the dealer to check on the pricing for a 2003 Cobra door mirror housings for both sides and naturally the price was higher...$425 right side & $390 for the left side.

Question: Will the door mirror housings, complete with electric motor and glass fit on the doors of a 1999 GT?
I don't see why not, since the doors from a 1999-2004 are I believe the same.

Can someone with knowledge of this please advise....I really now have an excuse to go and upgrade the door mirrors w/nice painted black 2003/4 Cobra mirrors if this works. Do the 2003, 2004 mirrors on a Cobra also fold in?

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

2 days ago, three houses down from where I live and was about to pull in my driveway, a lady opens the door as I'm rumbling by and smashes the driver's side mirror housing on the door. It also creased the front fender by the top around 3 inches long. It was an Asian wedding and the girl, young lady, was coming out of the limo...who the f@ck gets married on a Monday using a limo!

I went to my local Ford dealer and priced out the driver's side mirror housing, black plastic housing/non painted on the GT's, and was told that piece is $215. I then asked the dealer to check on the pricing for a 2003 Cobra door mirror housings for both sides and naturally the price was higher...$425 right side & $390 for the left side.

Question: Will the door mirror housings, complete with electric motor and glass fit on the doors of a 1999 GT?
I don't see why not, since the doors from a 1999-2004 are I believe the same.

Can someone with knowledge of this please advise....I really now have an excuse to go and upgrade the door mirrors w/nice painted black 2003/4 Cobra mirrors if this works. Do the 2003, 2004 mirrors on a Cobra also fold in?

Thanks in advance!

Yes the 03 04 Cobra mirrors will fit the GT's. Also, the mirrors do fold in. However, paying those pices are ridiculous. Check Ebay and SVTPerformance.com for much better deals on those Cobra mirrors. May even be able to find some already painted your color. If you go to the stealership, expect to get violated in the worst ways on price lol

There is no reproduction parts do you are left with factory only. It's a mod some people want to do just like the other cobra parts as well. The bumpers is the one piece you can find reproduction for but all the others expect to pay good money and the spoiler will be the most.

Thanks rejekt. I don't remember them offering that when I had a new edge. Still pricy for a non ford piece IMO. I was lucky and found mine for less with the decklid but had a cracked taillight.

Update:
Well I got a pair of Cobra mirrors in Black...my color for $390. The car had only 16K miles on it. :(
Am thinking of going blood RED with them instead of BLACK so they stand out like the BLACK LEGUNA SECA BOSS 302 w/the red mirrors. What do you guys think: RED or BLACK on the folding Cobra mirrors on a '99 BLACK GT Coupe?
I will also be adding Silver Metallic MACH 1 rocker panel stripes from Graphic Express in Florida.

Let me know your thoughts and opinions on this update.
Thanks in advance.

I would not put a mach 1 sticker on a GT but thats just me. If you go with a red stripe on the side the red mirrors would go well, but all black body works well and there is a reason you see the simple color left alone.