2004 X pipe changed

jesusphreak

Oct 14, 2003
South Texas
Hey guys, i was looking at getting an x pipe for my 04 gt, i found a nice used one for 99 - 03 (figuring it would work) but when i went to manufactors page they had a diff part number for 04's. I didn't think anything had changed, i wrote them and i got back the very helpful response
"THE O2 BUNGS ARE DIFFERENT"
does that mean the shape, the location or what? anyone have a response (i wrote him back and he has yet to reply)
Just wondering if anyone knows whats up (my x pipe is already on the way i hope i don't have to resell it)

• Sponsors (?)

ok i just went and looked under my 04
the back 02 sensers are in the first cat on the drivers side and right behind the first cat on the passenger side, instead of being behind the 2nd cats on the 99-03's.
ive read that you can use the 99-03 pipes you just need to get some 02 extensions

the sensors were moved in 04' allowing for a larger secondary cat for improved emissions!! So in other words, our 04's are more restrictive in stock form. You can use an 03 pipe, just get the O2 sensor extensions that steeda sells.

nickthegenius said:
I believe I read somewhere that the bungholes were relocated. Maybe if you use the '03 style pipe the wires won't reach :shrug:

:rlaugh: :rlaugh:

I have an 04 and have the 99-03 X pipe, I'll be using them just not using MIL Elims so my SES will be on. The pipes themselves will fit. Now I just need to break my car in before I can get the exhaust on FINALLY :(

jas142 said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh:

I have an 04 and have the 99-03 X pipe, I'll be using them just not using MIL Elims so my SES will be on. The pipes themselves will fit. Now I just need to break my car in before I can get the exhaust on FINALLY :(

Put it on now, why wait? :shrug:

XStanger said:
the sensors were moved in 04' allowing for a larger secondary cat for improved emissions!! So in other words, our 04's are more restrictive in stock form. You can use an 03 pipe, just get the O2 sensor extensions that steeda sells.
if they are further back would i need extenders sense now they will be closer?
can someone send me link from steedas site for them, i looked, and the only o2 things i can get to come up is the magnaflow x