2005 GT

SphyNxXx

Dec 10, 2002
Clanton, AL
Hey guys, Ive been thinking about getting into a 'Stang GT. Are there any reason reasons to avoid a 2005 GT? I know often people tell you to avoid the first year of production of a car, but are there any common first year bugs with 05s, or are they pretty solid? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I have 2005 GT that I bought new with build date of October of 2004 with little or no issues. You can always check to see what service was performed by ford they log all warranty work done to a vehicle.

This is what I had fixed under warranty

1 Transmission synchronizers
2 front shock strut popping noise
3 bubbling paint on the underside of hood
4 Emergency brake freezing issue

I have 2005 GT that I bought new with build date of October of 2004 with little or no issues. You can always check to see what service was performed by ford they log all warranty work done to a vehicle.

This is what I had fixed under warranty

1 Transmission synchronizers
2 front shock strut popping noise
3 bubbling paint on the underside of hood
4 Emergency brake freezing issue

Most of them issues sound familiar to my 07.

Gas filler issue. Pump shuts off before tank is full. It was a royal pain in my 2005 even after the tank was replaced.
I still have problems with some pumps on my 2007.

Gas filler issue. Pump shuts off before tank is full. It was a royal pain in my 2005 even after the tank was replaced.
I still have problems with some pumps on my 2007.

I've heard of plenty of people having this problem, although it's only happened to me a few times.

If this ever happens, turn the pump upside down and fill your tank like that. It will look strange, but it will work and you will fill up flawlessly!