2005 V6 and found K&N that works in stock air box.

dafaic

Nov 15, 2004
Well I hit 500 miles last Friday. I went to the local muffler shop and they put an single in single out offset 50 series flowmaster with a chrome drop tip and WOW does it sound good!!!Cost was $116 then I went to O'reilly and bought a k&n filter part# 33-2033 which is a 10x10 filter ours is a 10x9.25. They let me test fit it to make sure and man was I happy to see it fit. It takes a little massaging to get it in & latch the airbox but it does fit and it does seal and WOW between the two mods this thing really pickeup up some more ump. Anyway thought i would let you guys know. Oh the filter was $60.

• Sponsors (?)

dafaic said:
Well I hit 500 miles last Friday. I went to the local muffler shop and they put an single in single out offset 50 series flowmaster with a chrome drop tip and WOW does it sound good!!!Cost was $116 then I went to O'reilly and bought a k&n filter part# 33-2033 which is a 10x10 filter ours is a 10x9.25. They let me test fit it to make sure and man was I happy to see it fit. It takes a little massaging to get it in & latch the airbox but it does fit and it does seal and WOW between the two mods this thing really pickeup up some more ump. Anyway thought i would let you guys know. Oh the filter was $60.
So, there is a noticeable power increase? Thats good to know, as I am going to get those mods done to both of my rides soon. Thanks for the info. :nice:

True duals major problem there!!!Imagine a tunnel down the center of the car that is approx. 8-10 inches wide with 1/2 the gas tank on each side. The muffler shop guys jaw dropped when he went underneith talking about what a bitch it would be to do true duals maybe an over/under setup or something...Who knows. Anyway thanks for the nice welcome man you wouldn't believe the **** i was handed for posting this same exact post on dfwstangs...All they talked about was my piece of **** and how ****ty the v6's were and so on so thanks again. I tell you what i am betting this thing with these mods will pull a high 14 or low low 15.

dafaic said:
True duals major problem there!!!Imagine a tunnel down the center of the car that is approx. 8-10 inches wide with 1/2 the gas tank on each side. The muffler shop guys jaw dropped when he went underneith talking about what a bitch it would be to do true duals maybe an over/under setup or something...Who knows. Anyway thanks for the nice welcome man you wouldn't believe the **** i was handed for posting this same exact post on dfwstangs...All they talked about was my piece of **** and how ****ty the v6's were and so on so thanks again. I tell you what i am betting this thing with these mods will pull a high 14 or low low 15.

Mine has true duals, why could'nt yours? Same body?

What people fail to understand about the V6is that it is near the original 5.0 stock power. the V6 has 210 (?) and the old 5.0's came with 225 HP. Not too bad if you ask me.

gilmoujr said:
What people fail to understand about the V6is that it is near the original 5.0 stock power. the V6 has 210 (?) and the old 5.0's came with 225 HP. Not too bad if you ask me.

yeah but don't forget about torque... the V6's only have 240 where as the old 5.0's had 285...

as caroll shelby put it "horsepower sells cars, torque wins races"

but still its the best v6 yet thats for sure, and congrats on your mods....

Nice mods glad they work.

I have an '02 V6 and I think the car is great especially for a daily driver. Lower insurance, better gas mileage and the car is still a lot of fun. When I get a new car we are going to be keeping the V6.

I dunno why the duals would be so hard now that I actually thought about it. It's just different than they are use to I guess. I use to have a 95 GT that was stock for a while anyway and I honestly think this will run with a STOCK gt from say 94-98. It may not beat them but it would be close. I raced a 2001 GT back when I had a typhoon and he only ran a 15.4 and hell i ran a 13.9 he couldn't believe how fast that was and i was shocked at how slow his GT was. The driver has alot to do with it also...

RangerMan said:
Nice mods glad they work.

I have an '02 V6 and I think the car is great especially for a daily driver. Lower insurance, better gas mileage and the car is still a lot of fun. When I get a new car we are going to be keeping the V6.

You dont save that much on insurance with a V6,,,
I had a 2003 V6 over a year ago , and when I traded it in for a GT CONV, my insurance went up $80/YEAR thats right,, so its like 7 bux a month more to drive a GT.... funny thing is when I traded my GT Conv for the 2005 GT, my insurance went up $2/year!! :shrug: :lol:

It's and auto and I am avg. 20 miles per gallon. I would have bought a GT but my insurance company doesn't cover high performance cars or high cost to repair cars (vette/z28/ss/GT/Mach1/cobra/GTO/Supra/300ZX/350z/ RX8/RX7) I think that was everything on the list that they faxed me. Thats right they faxed me a list of cars I could not buy! But hey my ins. is cheap and they are a good company so I can't complain. Nothing wrong with putting a vortech in it a year from now and having est. 325hp. and 340tq.

dafaic said:
It's and auto and I am avg. 20 miles per gallon. I would have bought a GT but my insurance company doesn't cover high performance cars or high cost to repair cars (vette/z28/ss/GT/Mach1/cobra/GTO/Supra/300ZX/350z/ RX8/RX7) I think that was everything on the list that they faxed me. Thats right they faxed me a list of cars I could not buy! But hey my ins. is cheap and they are a good company so I can't complain. Nothing wrong with putting a vortech in it a year from now and having est. 325hp. and 340tq.

Procharger or Kenne Bell if you are going to do it. :D

tjm73 said:
Procharger or Kenne Bell if you are going to do it. :D

Well I spoke with Kenne already and they are not going to build a setup for the V6 which sucks because i really like the roots type. I have e-mailed vortech and powerdyne they both have kits for the 96-2004 v6's so hopefully they will contiue producing them. Procharger I did not find a kit where they already made them for other v6's. I figure best starting with co. that already make em for other 4's and 6's.

tjm73 said:
I do better than that in my 98 GT. I get 23 mpg.

Well I have been getting on it a little making sure I break it in so that it's not a slow stang. baby them all the time and they get slow and the comp. programs it self that way. So once or twice a day i dig into the gears and wrap it out just so it knows what it suppose to do when i hit the gas.

dafaic said:
Well I spoke with Kenne already and they are not going to build a setup for the V6 which sucks because i really like the roots type.

You know.... I've heard Kenne Bell is kind of hard to deal with and they said they would never build a blower for this or for that, and then they do sometimes. I'm not very impreseed with the image Kenne Bell has built for themselves and I don't liek they're business model at all. Forget them. Call whipplechargers. They do screwchargers too and maybe they'll be more friendly. Plus they supply the Ford GT blower, and they are the supplier for the forthcoming FRPP 2005 Mustang GT blower and the Cobra/lightning retro fit/upgrade that's soon to be released per the FRPP website.

Blower Press Relaease

Thanks I forgot about Whipple. Eaton makes roots type aswell so I'll look into them also. I looked up Whipple and they already have the system done just don't have a price yet and they are saying 50% increase across the rpm range and all they have to do is reflash stock pcm plus the simple install of the charger and intake. Wow a new stang putting out 450 sounds badas*. Look out svt. Only can imagine and wait to see if they do a V6 and what it will put out. Prolly an extra 100 horse.