2006 V6 4.0L CAI

06Moostanga

Jan 20, 2011
Hey, anyone have some knowledge on the CAI's. Is it really not worth it to get the ones that don't require a tune? I don't know anything about tuning and stuff related to that so I don't want to mess anything up but I am looking for a little HP gain and MPG gain. Not to mention it will make my dual exhaust I added sound deeper. I was thinking on going with a 70mm Throttle Body and a new CAI.

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered the BBK CAI from American Muscle a couple of weeks ago and finally got it installed a few days ago. It is actually one of their January sale items and is around $20 off. It is one of the "no tune required" CAI's and I have to say, I can tell a big difference on my take-off and acceleration. My car shifts smoother (not sure if this is a by-product of the CAI), the exhaust is louder and deeper, and I seem to notice a slight increase in MPG's. Now all this to say I'm probably going with an SCT tuner soon, but you can tell a difference and it does improve (probably around 10, maybe 15 hp) your car's performance. Hope this helps. Btw, I have to say, it's pretty easy to install. If I had everything that I needed sitting there, it would have been around a 45 minute install and it's the first thing that I have personally done to my car.