2010 Camaro

WOW....... your saying a 225 hp, 3400lb 94 mustang is running 12s bone stock. I guess us LS1 guys are missing out big time !!! Are u serious bud? Then you say your stock geared 95 with Full exhaust stays side by side with a 325hp Shelby GT !! Listen everyone loves the 5.0, but those things bone stock were slow man. Fun as hell to drive and modify, and after modifing they were a flat at blast !!! my buddy had a 89 hatch with a 347 in it....BAD BITCH !!!

I call alot of false statements on your glory of the 5.0 though. I had a 2000 GT minor mods , my buddy had a Nice Notch with full exhaust and some other things and I still pulled it. Maybe it was a drivers race.....which I would point to if you beat a Shelby GT in your 95. Sorry, no disrespect but comeon.

I owned the shelby GT and the 95. My old man, who's a seasoned drag racer since the 70's was driving. Stock worked over heads, intake, and camshaft can put you in the 12's. I'll even find the fellow thats done it, it's in a couple magazines and he's a member here in the 5.0 section. 90lxmustang I think, he's got a grey/black LX hatch. He can drive, thats all there is to it. You can say what you will about it being false, but there were atleast 500 people that saw that race, including numerous friends of mine, and they all knew the cars. Comparison between my car, as well as other factory 5.0s, I usually blow there doors off. My car has always been fast, much faster then it should have been coming out of a junkyard. Not glorifying myself here but in reality, gear, slicks, and the right suspension with a good driver, the 5.0's very capable, much more then many folk like to think. The E-web can deny it all they want but i've seen it, owned it, and drove it myself, and I know thats a fact.

• Sponsors (?)

I owned the shelby GT and the 95. My old man, who's a seasoned drag racer since the 70's was driving. Stock worked over heads, intake, and camshaft can put you in the 12's. I'll even find the fellow thats done it, it's in a couple magazines and he's a member here in the 5.0 section. 90lxmustang I think, he's got a grey/black LX hatch. He can drive, thats all there is to it. You can say what you will about it being false, but there were atleast 500 people that saw that race, including numerous friends of mine, and they all knew the cars. Comparison between my car, as well as other factory 5.0s, I usually blow there doors off. My car has always been fast, much faster then it should have been coming out of a junkyard. Not glorifying myself here but in reality, gear, slicks, and the right suspension with a good driver, the 5.0's very capable, much more then many folk like to think. The E-web can deny it all they want but i've seen it, owned it, and drove it myself, and I know thats a fact.

Sooooo, where's your proof? Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you a "liar," but we're certainly not going to take your word for it. It doesn't matter if your dad is Don Prudhomme or Don Garlits.

Maybe I missed something, but wasn't an agreement already satisfied that we would all help each other come up with the required proof of what we've been discussing and have requested to see?

A. A time slip and/or dyno slip from a BONE STOCK LS1 F-Body either running 13.20s (or below) at 107+ mph or making over 300 rwhp.

B. A time slip from an SN95 Mustang GT running 12s with a STOCK engine (bolt-ons okay except for heads or forced induction).

C. A 2010 Camaro SS running a 12.0 with nothing more than an exhaust.

D. A video and/or copy of SS02's personal car running the 1/4 mile (or was that a different thread?).

There is no use in beating this horse to death any longer. Instead of the "he says, she says," just post the proof. It's as simple as that.

Oh I complete understand where you come from, however the fact is I've learned that you can't please everybody, and I've had graphs as well as slips refuted and proposed that the weren't even mine. I know what my car runs, and I've seen what others run, You don't have to believe me, that's the beauty of the E-racer life.

I must disagree on this being a "20 page war" or a "flame session." What I'm observing here is a bunch of guys debating on the performance of two vehicles; mainly the performance of an SN95 Mustang and an LS1 F-Body.

IMO, I believe there have been a few very minor "heated" moments, but for the most part, I believe everyone has been civil towards each other for the most part.

Ok, we really haven't made much headway, but I'm hoping that out of all of this, we all wind up satisfied. I get to see a timeslip/dyno of a BONE STOCK LS1 putting out 300 rwhp or running a 13.20, someone else gets to see the Camaro run a 12 flat 1/4 mile, and someone else gets to see the "stock motored" SN95 Mustang pull off a 12 second 1/4 mile.

I hope that we can all walk away from this thread satisfied with the proofs we are seeking, but more importantly, all walk away as friends who helped each other out. :nice:

Group hug!
:leaving:

Just so im reading it right, you said you had Heads,intake and camshaft work. If thats the case then yes...I completely believe you. If I read that right. A built 5.0 from Slicks, to Suspension to the motor for sure will run high 12s. I thought you were claiming a Stock 5.0 will reach high 12s, which we all no wont do that. Didnt mean to misread the post...if I did....Did I?

Oh I complete understand where you come from, however the fact is I've learned that you can't please everybody, and I've had graphs as well as slips refuted and proposed that the weren't even mine. I know what my car runs, and I've seen what others run, You don't have to believe me, that's the beauty of the E-racer life.

It's not that I don't believe you, but there are some here who are skeptical. I personally believe that it can be done. Have I seen it? I have not, but I'm a firm believer in power/weight=performance. Would I like to see the solid proof? Absolutely!

Camaro Vs Mustang - August Sales

Camaro -6686

The Camaro sold 1000k less units this month than last month. Its selling better, but not by much.

Mustang - 6289

Down 23% from last year.
Sceptics wonder if the new 5.0 is to blame for the low sales. Though most sells are the V6 Model.

Camaro -6686

The Camaro sold 1000k less units this month than last month. Its selling better, but not by much.

Mustang - 6289

Down 23% from last year.
Sceptics wonder if the new 5.0 is to blame for the low sales. Though most sells are the V6 Model.

The new Camaro is undoubtedly to blame. I'm sure that since there wasn't any decent RWD Muscle Car but the Mustang for a good amount of time, I'm sure some Camaro fans had the itch for a new Muscle Car and bought Mustangs.

In all honesty, I never wanted a Mustang until after the Camaro disappeared, and that was mainly just to spite GM and not support them.

I dunno, times changed after the 2010 came out. I always thought the 2005-2009 GTs and Roush cars looked good, and when I kept hearing about how the interior was upgraded for 2010, I figured I owed myself a peek, especially after being really disappointed with the interior quality back in 2005 when I attended an auto show and sat in a then-new Mustang.

I just wound up looking at a 2010 Mustang and loved it...and loved it even more after driving it.

I guess my main motivation to look at Mustangs was because the new Camaro disgusted me so much. I don't like anything about that new Camaro but the horsepower rating. It just goes to show that the best car isn't always the one with the most power.

Camaro -6686

Mustang - 6289

Down 23% from last year.

Wasn't the Camaro a few thousand ahead the first few months and now the difference is a mere 400? Looks like the fan boy "rush" to be the first to get a Camaro is starting to wear out.

I've also been reading alot about certain quality control issues GM is having with this vehicle. After finding them it sounds like horror stories, I know every new model has issues (my 05 did, but minor and fixable in less than a day) but they had a lot of time to work on this car and there's people buying it with a loose spoiler because the bolts aren't tight, or their oil pan is leaking, or they can't get the key out of the ignition, or their front facia cracks at high speed, interior pieces falling off, running paint, just to name a few. I guess when you have that coupled with independent studies that compare the quality of Fords to Honda and Toyota saying it's equal to or better, it makes people stop and think. Ford's sales were up 17% in August, while GM was down 20%. Looks like they've got a long way to go, and I guess throwing a corvette engine in every car you sell must not be the answer. (sarcastic)

Wasn't the Camaro a few thousand ahead the first few months and now the difference is a mere 400? Looks like the fan boy "rush" to be the first to get a Camaro is starting to wear out.

I've also been reading alot about certain quality control issues GM is having with this vehicle. After finding them it sounds like horror stories, I know every new model has issues (my 05 did, but minor and fixable in less than a day) but they had a lot of time to work on this car and there's people buying it with a loose spoiler because the bolts aren't tight, or their oil pan is leaking, or they can't get the key out of the ignition, or their front facia cracks at high speed, interior pieces falling off, running paint, just to name a few. I guess when you have that coupled with independent studies that compare the quality of Fords to Honda and Toyota saying it's equal to or better, it makes people stop and think. Ford's sales were up 17% in August, while GM was down 20%. Looks like they've got a long way to go, and I guess throwing a corvette engine in every car you sell must not be the answer. (sarcastic)

Here is a very interesting (and unsurprising) read.

New Camaro Owners Create Depressingly Long Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist - 2010 Chevy Camaro - Jalopnik

Looks to me that this vehicle is ripe for breaking the Ford Focus' record of recalls.

Yea that's the list I came across a few days ago, and was lurking around in other forums. Interesting stuff.

Interesting, and hardly surprising stuff. Just more proof why GM needed a bail-out. After screwing off with this car since 2005 or 2006, they've had more than enough time to design a quality product for production, yet still managed to belch out a mediocre automobile. IMO, as much time as GM has had to design this car, there shouldn't be any problem areas.

Good job, GM. :notnice:

It can be fixed at the dealer yes, and obviously first year models have SOME defects, but that seems like a long laundry list of things to check for, especially when you consider the amount of time that GM has been working on that car. My 05 GT had it's fair share of issues (ok well only 2) but I don't remember a list that long only 3 months after it started selling. Not knocking the vehicle, more-so GM for doing what they've always done.

I read that article, and what It listed was everything reported....if one person complained about it, they reported it. They also said its not a widespread of complaints. So yes, if you read that, im sure your inclined to think that this is a big issue, but these are isolated complaints.

^^^All which can be fixed at the dealer :nice:

Any problem can be fixed at the dealership. I don't know how you feel about driving your brand new vehicle back and forth to the dealership every week, but I think I'll pass. Hence one of the many reasons I bought an STi instead of an Evo.

While all of these may not be "widespread complaints," there are no excuses for the majority of them.

Well , I can see your point and understand it. Remember though that Camaro is about 4 years in the making...not developing but the traditional "on again Off again" Gm style of automobile manufactering lol. Its not perfect by anymeans, and the Recall for the Camaro is about the positive battery cable in the SS models. Causing it to die. Its affected 300 units.

Hopefully thatll be all, but probably not.. I mean the Camaro is new from the ground up, shares the same platform with the All new G8. So its got some kinks to work out....Never buy a first year model or second lol. I mean comeon the 05 Mustang had Air bag issues and more, most besides the airbag issue was minor, just like the Camaros. All I have to say is ,if your buying a Brand new model..be ready to have some things fixed...sucks, but thats how it is.

2005 Ford Mustang Recalls, Defects, & Safety Problems at Automotive.com