275/40/17s on the rear?

PoopDawg

Autozone Junkie
Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Orlando, FL
Hey. Just ordered my 93 Cobra replicas and I wanna put 275/40/17s on the rear. What all might be involved? They're 8.5 inches wide. Don't remember the backspacing... but you think I'll have to roll the fenders? Cause if I do, I ain't running them. :) I'm ok with flipping or taking off the quad shocks... just wanna know of personal experiance with these. My car's lowered with Saleen Racecraft springs, also. Thanks in advance.

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

ive got Nitto NT555 275 40 17 on mine... i didnt space em but i did have a custom exhaust that had to be cut off right behind the mufflers cuz theres no way even the stock pipes are fitting bw the tire and gas tank/heat shield.

I run 275/40 17s on 17x9 Cobra R wheels with quad shocks still attached and aftermarket catback w/3.5" tips and no interference at all....my catback is adjustable and I simply took my time to get it all to work just right...as you can see, I got a lil room left to stuff more tire in the wheelwell, I wonder if a 285mm tire would look bad on those rims, anyone running that combo?

attachment.php