2v Headswap

dksheehan

Apr 12, 2004
Guys,
Can anyone recommend a place where I can a package for the 2v headswap/intake for my 96gt?
Also, I would like to do a new cam, can anyone recommend a type and where I can get one?

TIA
Dan

• Sponsors (?)

I can vouch for Parkway. I got my kit from them. Very complete. Somewhat pricey, but from what I've read lately, lots of 2V are blowing spark plugs out. Supposedly Ford fixed this in 2004. Parkway sends you brand new 2004 Romeo heads. :nice: You won't find a lot of 2004 PI heads on Ebay.

chimchim said:
I can vouch for Parkway. I got my kit from them. Very complete. Somewhat pricey, but from what I've read lately, lots of 2V are blowing spark plugs out. Supposedly Ford fixed this in 2004. Parkway sends you brand new 2004 Romeo heads. :nice: You won't find a lot of 2004 PI heads on Ebay.

I had one problem with Parkway. One of the heads they sent me were cracked :bang: They didn't next day air it to me like they should've. I lost a week of work+no car. The gains are great though :nice:

dksheehan said:
Guys,
Can anyone recommend a place where I can a package for the 2v headswap/intake for my 96gt?
Also, I would like to do a new cam, can anyone recommend a type and where I can get one?

TIA
Dan

is this the question of the day or what? 3 threads so far.......search fella's...lol

and parkway is good, also jason steen at www.steenracing.com can help you with a kit, cams and porting if you;d like.

chimchim said:
How much was the install?

Azarello said:
How much was the install?

You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Two guys did it for me that never did a 4.6 head swap before. They quoted me a price based on 12 hours and an hourly rate and they stuck to their quote. They said, "Don't ever tell anyone what we charged you for this because it should've been double." :D On Modular Powerhouse's site they have a labor charge of $1,000 for a headswap. I think that's about the going rate.