2v to 4v head swaps

well, we're going to have to agree to disagree then. I still maintain that 4v heads are leagues above the 2v heads, and that a decent 4v motor could be built for the same money your going to spend on a blower or turbo, but I guess you know more than I do.

• Sponsors (?)

Magius231 said:
well, we're going to have to agree to disagree then. I still maintain that 4v heads are leagues above the 2v heads, and that a decent 4v motor could be built for the same money your going to spend on a blower or turbo, but I guess you know more than I do.

Everybody knows the 4V heads are better than the 2V, who the hell is saying otherwise?

Power adders are by far the best HP for the money. N/A is great, but it gets expensive really quick.

GinoGT said:
The 4V heads make more power than the 2v......no ****????? :rolleyes:

This isn't about how they make more power, it's about how its a pain in the ass and how in the end it doesn't really work to put 4V heads on a 2V shortblock.

Another option would be to buy a 3V engine. Aluminum block, so you're set up to go big bore from the start, as well as a very promising head design. The variable cam timing as intake control will help get you a big fat torque curve too.

My point was to show you that they are worth the trouble by showing how much better they really are.Its sad you couldnt see that. :nonono: You my friend, are an idiot. :lol: J/K

hotmustang331 said:
My point was to show you that they are worth the trouble by showing how much better they really are.Its sad you couldnt see that. :nonono: You my friend, are an idiot. :lol: J/K

So swapping 4V heads onto a 2V shortblock is worth it? A compression ratio way too low for a N/A engine and an iron block.......doesn't seem worth it to me. Just buy a Mach 1 crate engine.