3.55's ? 2001 Bullit

• Sponsors (?)

not to bring back the never ending gear debate.... but why just 3.55's :shrug:

& to be on subject..... performance will only be marginally better from your current 3.27's & milage might end up being better for you depending on driving habits.

ex. - i got 300 mi per tank after full exhaust & 4.10 gears on my last stang :nice:

actuallly i think that would be 4.10's :D i know i was at around 2400 at 70 with 4.10's, so that should be pretty close. to sum up all you will here from people in here is.... 3.73's if you plan on a supercharger or 4.10's if you want to stay n/a. oh & i'm sure you'll get the "don't fear the gear" a few times too :rolleyes: but i highly recomend the 4.10's myself. i liked them so much in my old gt, it's one of my first mods on my new one :nice: but everyone is different. the best thing you can do is try & find someone with those gear ratios in their car & ask them to take you for a ride. most stang owners will be more than happy to oblige :D

3.73 at least, recommend 4.10s. There have been many debates on 3.73, 4.10 or 4.30. Try a search.
I don't thing anyone ever debated going with 3.55. The only people that I know with 3.55 are high boost, very high HP, racing applications. ( very high = 900 + rwhp)

sorry to start a major debate !!lol...this is the first thread I have posted.....at 65Mph what I am willing to be up around 2300....would that be 3.73? or 3.55?

Actually for a T-3650 Tranny to be at 2300RPM at 65 MPH in 5th gear, that would require 4.30 Gears.

Myself personally wont go with anything higher than 3.73.

Not much performance, not much gas mileage change......waste of money talking about 3.55's. If your going to spend your money on gears, don't waste it. 410's for NA. Biggest seat of the pants bang for the buck.

bullit219 said:
Thinking about putting 3.55's on my 2001 Mustang Bullit. what will happen for performance and Gas mileage

Have you been on the Bullitt site http://www.IMBOC.com yet? Lots of tech info over there on Bullitts. Lots of gear advice. I would recommend 4.10's unless you do a lot of highway driving. 3.55's would only be a slight improvement and probably not worth the money for the little gain that would be noticed.