3.8 to 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

Can I ask why? It would be cheaper and easier to simply buy a 5.0 SN95 that has either a damaged or no drivetrain than to go through the hassle of swapping over suspension, wiring, electronics,, mounts, etc. Those cars are dirt cheap. I see decent running ones all day long for 3-4 grand. Just my 2 cents.

Do I get these parts from a 93 5.0 car or a 94

Are you mechanically inclined? Ever done anything like this before? I wouldn't suggest a swap done by someone who has never done one. Its easy if you understand whats going on, but its not if you are in a learning process.

Like mikestang63 stated, it might be better if you bought a GT, rather than going through all this. Your going to be spending almost $1000 alone, and that's if you can find a donor car.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/howto/4361_v8_engine_swap/viewall.html

Can I ask why? It would be cheaper and easier to simply buy a 5.0 SN95 that has either a damaged or no drivetrain than to go through the hassle of swapping over suspension, wiring, electronics,, mounts, etc. Those cars are dirt cheap. I see decent running ones all day long for 3-4 grand. Just my 2 cents.
Car has been in family since 94 so i dont want to get rid of it but the motor was knockin and heads went out on 3.8 so i want to put 5.0 in it..just want to know what parts i need to complete already have engine just need to know other conponents

Are you mechanically inclined? Ever done anything like this before? I wouldn't suggest a swap done by someone who has never done one. Its easy if you understand whats going on, but its not if you are in a learning process.

Like mikestang63 stated, it might be better if you bought a GT, rather than going through all this. Your going to be spending almost $1000 alone, and that's if you can find a donor car.
No I am not but i just need to know the parts so i can get them for my mechanic

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/howto/4361_v8_engine_swap/viewall.html

Clarence, I can appreciate your sentimental value and it is your money, however I would like you to consider this as an example. A clean, low mile, running 95 GT and the seller is asking $1950, which means you can get it for $1500-$1600, and then sell off the two cars you have and probably come out around even.

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/3720661188.html

You may spend that much to convert over the 3.8. Again, just my 2 cents.

Car has been in family since 94 so i dont want to get rid of it but the motor was knockin and heads went out on 3.8 so i want to put 5.0 in it..just want to know what parts i need to complete already have engine just need to know other conponents

Is this something you want to half ass, or is this something you want to complete over time?

To me, sentimental value can get you in a lot of trouble. This is obviously a 1 owner vehicle, but you swapping or changing anything on it, is going to depreciate the value of it.

If its that sentimental, just find yourself a 94-95 GT, and swap everything over. You will have the whole harness, cluster, motor/trans and all. You can find a running one, beat up body for around 15000-2000. You can find one that had rear end damage for less than 800. You have tons of options, it just depends on how mechanically inclined you are, your time frame and how much money your willing to spend.

Personally, what I would do if I were you, rebuild the 3.8 or find a used one and replace it. Save the money you would be spending to swap everything over and just buy yourself a nice SN GT.

Also, this would be in the wrong section, as this is for Fox Bodies :) This is the section for the SN guys. They have a different section, because their cars are hideous :p
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/forums/94-95-tech.66/

I say do it if you got the time. Your only going to learn one way or the other. Most of us have NEVER been to any kind of automotive school, most of us just started turnin wrenches because thats what we liked to do! I vote for just gittin er dun!