3 tone paint?

Q's Stang

Jun 28, 2004
Indianapolis
alright i took my car to the shop for some body work and they said that there will probably be delays in fixing it due to the 3 tone paint job (laser red). they said it might put them a week back and i was just surprised that the paint job could cause a week delay. just kinda curious in what takes so much longer between 2 tone and 3 tone paint jobs?

• Sponsors (?)

yea...good thing i dont have to pay for repairs...just the deductable. but this delayed time sure does suck. just praying i get it back before college and have a day to throw on a bassani exhaust...theres nothing wrong with some crossed fingers!

he means a 3 stage paint. it has a metallic undercoat to the paint. a 3 stage paint will "change" colors in different light. for instance rio red, dark satin green, & red fire are all 3 stage paints from ford (just happens to be all the stangs colors i've owned had it). the red's i've owned will look really bright in some lights, then maroon in others. the green one i had would change all kinds of crazy colors, green, purple, black; it all depended what kind of light the cars were in. :nice:

c2see21 said:
he means a 3 stage paint. it has a metallic undercoat to the paint. a 3 stage paint will "change" colors in different light. for instance rio red, dark satin green, & red fire are all 3 stage paints from ford (just happens to be all the stangs colors i've owned had it). the red's i've owned will look really bright in some lights, then maroon in others. the green one i had would change all kinds of crazy colors, green, purple, black; it all depended what kind of light the cars were in. :nice:

woah thats really cool