300 hp from a 04 GT ?

Dorsai

Aug 13, 2005
Connecticut
Just bought a 04 GT w/5 speed about 4 weeks back, 2k on the odometer and it was garaged so its very clean. Already had the modder's bug before buying the GT so no reason this car will be different. I understand the 05's are putting out 300hp or so at the crank and the 04's are making about 260hp. What, if anything, can I do to get 300hp at the crank with this car without going forced induction and without running illegal pipes? Thanks for the help :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats on the new Mustang.

It is hard and expen$ive to get to 300hp n/a

What are your interests or experiences in as far as modding; exhaust, intake, gears, etc?

What is your budget?

Anyway, I recommend gears first. Go with 3.73.

Intake
T-body
Plenum
pulleys
headers
mid pipe
exhaust
tuner
igniton stuff
small port work (intak manifolds)

that should get you close. Other wise you can go all out full bolt ons, heads, camms, full porting, boring, etc:D

Sounds like I can do a lot of these mod's in my garage without much trouble.

What's involved in changing pulleys ? Any special tools ?

What exhaust would you folks recommend ? FlowMaster ? How much does a shop get for bolting on a CAT'd X pipe and eveything back to the tailpipes ? I'm sure it varies, but any ballpark figure? I need the car to stay emission legal and I'd like to stay with stainless if possible.

The plenum, throttle body, and CAI look like the first steps but will these 3 things cause the computer to throw any codes ? Is a chip flash required to see the benefits with these intake mod's?

Thanks for helping out a new guy.

300 crank hp is not hard to do at all now 300 rwhp may be a little harder to do
i would say

catted-midpipes
catback exuast
headers

plenum/75mm tb
cai
underdrive pulley
camms

and a good tune -----> 300+hp at the crank easy :)

Exhaust wise, go what sounds best to you. Most make pretty close to the same power. If you dont mind it a little loud and want the most HP, get an offroad H or X pipe. Do all the bolt ons, get a tune and you should probly be around 300. Then add some 4.10's. Also upgrade your suspension, and might as well do some stuff to the brakes. Add some drag slicks, yank the spare tire and back seat. Then with lots of practice it is possible to hit 12's in the 1/4 mile.

I am going to give you rwhp as a better goal.

Longtubes
X pipe
magnaflows
VT/Comp cams
SCT tune
U/D Pulleys

It only takes around 225=230 rwhp for a car to run 12's. With the right suspension setup, weight reduction and 240-250 rwhp, 4.30 gears, and a good set of DR's you will hit 12's

he did say 300 crank, which isnt too hard to get to using your guys calculation methods 260 at the wheels.

ill tell you exactly what will put you there cause i was already at that point once. cai, catbact, x pipe, plenum, tb, long tube headers, tune/chip.

however you also mentioned the 05 gt, which may be under rated, cause while you are trying to lay down 260 rwhp, they are putting down about 275 rwhp.