3000GT vs. 95 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Vr4

Vr4's rape dude, I think you would need more then that... just stock vr-4s are fast.... My friend had a vr-4 with a diablo kit on it, 200+ top speed, the thing was unstopable :)

Off the line, it would be close, but after awhile the 3000 would pull on the stang. My GF has the 3000gt sl and it's a turd off the line. I would say the vr4 has a little more guts off the line though.

saw one at the track before. wasn't impressed. it had some bling on it :lol:. i don't know about the engine but it was only running like mid 14s. the good thing about those drag racing is that they are ment for road racing. 4-wheel drive is a hinderance on the strip. i'm assuming your talking about yourself right burtie? i think you will get a good lead off the line, but they do make good power towards the end. i think you'll beat him, it will be close towards the end, but you'll prolly come out on top.

uh....huhuhuh. You guys are completely missing the two most important factors. He may suck ass at driving but he doesn't have to worry about the launch (except bogging) with AWD. If is good enough to build boost before letting the clutch go...you're done for the first 100ft. I think that you can play catch up though and get him. He may say his car is stock but a simple $10 bleed valve between the wastegate and its signal hose is all he needs to crank the boost up and still say "Its stock..." Watch him off the line. My roommate has a 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD with stock everything except for a clutch and the home made boost controller and it will rip off a 1.70 60ft time on crap all season tires. The sick part is he can duplicate that time at anystop light on the street. The car has been 14.01's with a GAWD awful clutch...hence the new clutch. Easy 13s out of an other wise stock DSM. That vr4 maybe a heavy bitch but if has the boost going off the line, he'll get the power to the pavement while your doing a smoke show.

i agree with ryclef, if he knows enough to spool the turbos before he launches you're gonna be playing catch up, and you better catch him quick before your tq advantage goes away... I think its doable w/373s if you shift and launch well. I'd let some air out of the rear tires. I would NOT race him at a roll, he'll pull on you. VR4 TTs are fast as hell in the top end.

Couple of good hard launches and he is going to break the output shaft for the rear transfer case anyhow...

I have said it before and will say it again, its the Anna Nichole Smith of awd performance cars...

BTW I also own one, its really not that great!! All kinds of fluff but way too heavy to make it worth while.. Over 4k lbs with driver!!

he'll get the power to the pavement while your doing a smoke show

Smoke show? If you leave that crazy in a stang then I will beat you off the line with my 10-Speed Huffy....you need to re-think your launching techniques if you see smoke but i hope that no one leaves that hard unless they have slicks/drag radials and then its never a smoke show....

I agree though, those AWD cars do have a crazy launch but a Stang doesn't automatically mean a smoke show. If you can launch your stang then you should be able to keep with them somewhat right off the light.

I had a '93 Stealth R/T TT before I bought my '94 GT. There's no contest. The Stealth is SO much faster. I never took it to the track, so I don't have any solid times. It doesn't take much to get the turbos going and then it's nothing but crazy acceleration until you let off the gas. You just have to hope nothing breaks on them, cause they are spendy and a pain to work on.

My opinion: should be a close race, depending on traction. The 3000GT has good power, but it weighs 600 pounds more, and the AWD is probably killing 10% more horsepower than your driveline does. Power to weight ratio suggests that all else being equal, you should outpower him. That'll be less true the faster you go.

i think he will most likely beat you, dont under estimate those cars because of their weight, i think the two turbos well make up for that. my friend has one an it is real fast

ponypowa said:
My friend had one with a diablo kit on it, ran 10's geared for top end... if it was geared lower possibly 8-9, it is mighty quick with mods :)
I think you're talking about something different. I'd guess the "11's" comment from WhiteDevil was referring to *quarter mile*, not eighth :D.