302 H/C/I questions

@Mike63.. whew thats why im asking the questions. I dont wanna throw a way my money my friend. Although some of these questions may sound dumb lol. So im assuming im gonna have to convert the car to mass air either way i go? Now on that note, would it be cheaper or reasonable to convert to the car to Carbed? A few of the local guys here are telling me i should, although thier opinion is just that. An opinion. Like i said, i have a bout 1500 to spend, and i wanna get the most for my money. And this car will be a weekend driver, with some drag strip time. And thanks again everyone fro the input.

You don't have to convert to mass air now. Others may disagree, but IMO as long as you aren't changing out to a radical cam or adding a blower, you can still keep the SD and swap out the heads, intake, TB. Many people have run SD cars well into the low 12's. Don't know if they still do, but back in the day they even used to make SD specific cams. The mass air won't actually make you more power than the SD, it will however allow for more adjustability and choices down the road. I didn't swap to mass air on my 87 until I put a vortech on. It had E brock heads and intake,crane 2010 cam, TB, headers, 24lbers, CAI and ran fine.

• Sponsors (?)