302 not running?? video "56k warning"

Use the farce Luke... just kidding. Stick with the basics, and I'm confident you can do this.
First a question to ask yourself:

If this is a newly assembled motor, or if the cam and or timing chain have been replaced, do you know they were installed correctly? If you have any doubts, double check now so you don't do any damage. You indicated that the block is a regular '68 302 block, but the firing order is dependant on the cam, not the block, so if the cam has ever been changed, you need to find out what it is. As stated previously a late H.O. or any 351W cam has a 13726548 order, whereas the old 302 is 15426378

1. Pull the number 1 plug (I usually pull all the plugs to make it easy to turn over)
2. Bring the number 1 piston to TDC, verify with a flashlight that you can see the piston right up at the top. There are special tools you can buy to find TDC, but I've always been able to do this without them.
3. Check the valves to make sure you're on the compression stroke. You should be able to rotate both intake and exhaust pushrods with your fingers. If you can't you probably have a valve that's not on it's seat. Either the valves are not adjusted properly, or you're not on the compression stroke.
4. Once that checks good, verify the timing marks on the balancer indicate you're at TDC. If not find out why and fix it (wrong balancer? outer hub slipped? timing chain incorrect?)
5. Verify the rotor is pointing at the #1 plug terminal

Once all these check good, put the plugs back in, wire the distributor for the cam you're using, and if you have compression fuel and spark, it will start.

Good luck, and let us know when it cranks!

• Sponsors (?)

Ok thanks for all the info guys.
Here is the complete info About the the car and engine...

I bought the car off of some guy that lived about 1 mile away from my house... This was the first car that I had bought on my own Beacuse my parents dont want me to buy a piece of junk as they called it but I was i love with the car at a young age.. So I bought the car off the guy for 3500 made payments to him, took it home with out the pink slip untill i payed it off. well a couple of hard mouths go bye and i finish the payment. this is when I started working on taring apart everything and rebuilding it. well I first singed on to:SNSign: then asked some people about what sould I bye for my car with the very little money I had I was told to get these 3 from summit

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EDL-2121&N=700+115&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EDL-2122&N=700+115&autoview=sku

And a holley 650cfm carb.

I first put the intank and the carb on myself to save some bucks got the car running then decided to take it to a shell gas station neer my house to get the cam put in, The guy told me $300 and he could have my cam in and working buy tomarro I said ok. I have seen a couple of hot rods going to these guys for repair, Well the next day i called the guy and asked him if it was ready he told me no beacuse they ran into a problem. well i went there as soon possible they had my engine in pices, i ask whats wrong with it he told me that the cam bearing are bad and I need to get a new block???
well I got very pissed off and payed him $90 bucks for the labor and got my car towed back to my house. I called a machin shop and asked them if they could repair my engine he told me ok, bring it over, so i pulled the block out and sent it over there, the next day I got a call from them saying they need to rebuild the block, I asked them whats wrong? He said the bearings were bad and needed to be replaced and he also told me someone forced the cam into it messed up the bearings
at this time I was going over sea's to visit my grandparents so I told him to fix it fastso I could have it home on time he told me ok $800 for everything! I said ok... got the block back then left it at home went over sea's after 2 years later I pulled it out agian and put it back into the stang. and now I am having troble trying to start it. pewwwuf that was long..

Things that were replaced

Piston Rings
Cam and crank bearings
New seals
Hone and hot tank
lifter's pushrods and rockers
Valve springs and valve job
Hei Distributor
Double rollor timing chian
New timing cover
I cant remeber if anything else was changed.

Well I must say I do admire your persistence. I too had to learn the hard way. I built my first engine when I was only 15 out of necessity. It was a 1954 inline Chevy 6 I got for $50. I went to a local auto store that had a machine shop and sat down with the owner and started asking questions. He was enormously helpful and patient with me. Of course I had him do all the machine work in return for his guidance. I also bought a book on engine building. After I cleaned and re-assembeled everything, I installed it in a 1961 Chevy truck, but then had no idea how to wire it up. My Dad called a mechanic to wire up the coil and distributor to the firewall for me. In hindsight the wiring was incredibly simple, but when you don't know, you don't know. When it started up I was beside myself with joy and amazement. I was also hooked on cars forever.

From all the things you said, I don't know what condition the engine is in. Find a mentor in your area (maybe at a machine shop) who will take the time to lend a hand and answer your questions. Be patient and persistant, and you will be successful at whatever you set your hand to.

69gmachine said:
Well I must say I do admire your persistence. I too had to learn the hard way. I built my first engine when I was only 15 out of necessity. It was a 1954 inline Chevy 6 I got for $50. I went to a local auto store that had a machine shop and sat down with the owner and started asking questions. He was enormously helpful and patient with me. Of course I had him do all the machine work in return for his guidance. I also bought a book on engine building. After I cleaned and re-assembeled everything, I installed it in a 1961 Chevy truck, but then had no idea how to wire it up. My Dad called a mechanic to wire up the coil and distributor to the firewall for me. In hindsight the wiring was incredibly simple, but when you don't know, you don't know. When it started up I was beside myself with joy and amazement. I was also hooked on cars forever.

From all the things you said, I don't know what condition the engine is in. Find a mentor in your area (maybe at a machine shop) who will take the time to lend a hand and answer your questions. Be patient and persistant, and you will be successful at whatever you set your hand to.

Yea thats a good idea but this machine shop that I go to is busy all day and no one really has the time to sit and talk.
I bought this car with my B-day savings money from when i was 2 years old my parents put it into a bank account for me back then i had $2000 saved up and I spent it on this car so it means alot to me. I bought this car when I was 16 now I am 20 and the car is still not running :( ..
well I am kinda short on money so I am trying to sell my extra stuff to send the car to the shop agian to fix it.

The camshaft you bought maybe for the Winsor type engines (HO 302ci ETC...) different firing order, But now it sounds like you have many other issues as well.

I knew a guy that changed the heads on his car and just because it had a gasket he put Blueglue sealer on the head gasket and wondered why the engine was spitting oil & water every where....