302 Rebuild Vs. Buying a new engine

• Sponsors (?)

I like everything about x heads, other than their NIB price.

Agreed. They really don't get the respect that they deserve. They're a very decent upgrade over stock and even iron GT40's for your average enthusiast and they're a true "no fuss, no muss" bolt on design, unlike most aftermarket offerings. Sure, they could flow a little better on the exhaust side (which can be easily remedied in the right hands), but otherwise they're pretty good all around head.

I also agree that their MSRP is a little tough to swallow now that the aftermarket has grown and so many other offerings are being made available at competitive prices. But then again....FRPP has always commanded top dollar for all their stuff. That being said....there are brand loyal guys who will "only" buy Ford made parts for their cars and I guess that must be who these heads are aimed primarily at? :shrug:

Agreed. They really don't get the respect that they deserve. They're a very decent upgrade over stock and even iron GT40's for your average enthusiast and they're a true "no fuss, no muss" bolt on design, unlike most aftermarket offerings. Sure, they could flow a little better on the exhaust side (which can be easily remedied in the right hands), but otherwise they're pretty good all around head.

I also agree that their MSRP is a little tough to swallow now that the aftermarket has grown and so many other offerings are being made available at competitive prices. But then again....FRPP has always commanded top dollar for all their stuff. That being said....there are brand loyal guys who will "only" buy Ford made parts for their cars and I guess that must be who these heads are aimed primarily at? :shrug:

If i were to swap out the heads on my explorer, or if i had a real 93 cobra, i would likely use the x heads (used of course).

Keep in mind this too, i know a guy that had x's that were valve jobbed, gt40 tubular intake, retarded E cam, 24lb injectors and a pro m bullet that ran 11.8@116mph on a stock shortblock in a full weight street car 316rwhp. That's a number that few here could match with any head on any NA combo.

Reactions: 1 user