302 & tranny

• Sponsors (?)

None that Ford made that I know of. However, all is not lost. There were a couple vehicles made by GM that were front wheel drive and powered by a V8 and, with an adapter, you could hook a 302 to one of those. The Olds Toranodo and Cadilac El Dorado (same basic car I think) both had a front wheel drive version of the Turbo 400. Very strong and there are companies making adapters that would mate the 302/351W/351C to it. Proablely the 429/460 too.

sniff, sniff...I smell an unusual custom project. :D What prompted this question?

Also these transmissions keep the engine in the traditional layout. ie.. north/south not east/west like a Taurus.

EDIT: It's called a TH-425. Also made a version called the TH-325 in the early 80's.

I think I know what you're getting at. What are you trying to stuff a 302 into?? rather than converting to fwd, which would be a nightmare with axleshafts, throttle steer,and poor weight biased toward the front, have you thought of converting your donor car into rear wheel drive? this may be easier.