331 stroker I just bought

Since you got it cheap, spend some money on insurance by taking the heads to the head shop (canfields were known to have issues back in the day) and take the shortblock to the machine shop and have it checked out.

Seen it a dozen times, somebody gets what appears to be a steal on the engine, runs it for 10 minutes and it self destructs.

It's on the stand now, so spending a few dollars on it right now could save you alot of money later. You could also check pushrod length and make sure there are no valve train issues.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea I stole it practically! Im taking all the money from my paint and puttin it into the motor for now.

Whats a good intake to match this anyway? a Performer?

Depends on how high you want to rev the thing. If your gonna rev past 6500, the RPM II is the way to go, if your staying around factory rev limiter of 6250 id recommend the Systemax! The systemax loves boost too. Theres no doubt an RPM out flows the Systemax at higher RPM, but it sacrifices a lot of lower rpm torwue and HP

Depends on how high you want to rev the thing. If your gonna rev past 6500, the RPM II is the way to go, if your staying around factory rev limiter of 6250 id recommend the Systemax! The systemax loves boost too. Theres no doubt an RPM out flows the Systemax at higher RPM, but it sacrifices a lot of lower rpm torwue and HP

A few months back i would have said the same thing, but recently saw a afr 165, custom cam, rpm II stock shortblocked car make 340rwhp only pulling to about 6000rpm.

it sacrifices a lot of lower rpm torwue and HP

Don't go spreading internet myths! All of those long runner EFI intakes are capable of making basically the same ballpark numbers, especially the RPM II and SysteMax. Like anything else, it all comes down to the cam and how the rest of the combo is set up.

Besides, what is low RPM HP anyway? If HP is a function of RPM, how does any engine make a lot of low RPM HP?