331 Update - Z28 encounter

68keyblr

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 17, 2003
Arizona
I got the Mass Air conversion done today, so I took a ride out in the country with the wife and one of the kids.

The computer seemed to 'learn' my setup as we went along...the car was noticeably stronger, especially on the bottom end of the power band. I spin all the way through 1st and 2nd now...it's running like a raped ape!

So we're cruising along down a deserted country road nice and slow-ish, and an '02 Z28 pulls up behind us. He pulls along side and starts doing the accelerate and slow down dance trying to get me to run. He had at least exhaust done, probably more by the sound if it.

Well, I'm not a street racer by any stretch of the imagination, plus I had my wife and kid in the car...but I got sick of him so the next time he punched it, I did too...and walked away from him! I let off around 85 and of course he had to continue on until he passed me...but I easily had him by 2-3 cars.

I am a little surprised at the power I'm making...had 2 passengers in the car (he had none), plus I'm still running Stock injectors, MAF, and Throttle Body! I can't wait to get the Accufab TB, 24# injectors, and 76mm MAF in!

Anyways, that's my fun for this Saturday night :nice: Thought I'd share :D

• Sponsors (?)