345ci Nitrous'd Notchback Progress Thread

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by 90lxcoupe, Jul 16, 2008.

1. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

Damn, man, that's awesome! I was always suspect that your combo was worth more than 400. Now I want to see you have it back at the track, you'll be murdering those 10s!
  2. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

I forget, are you running the long runner R, or the box?
  3. 90lxcoupe

90lxcoupe Mustang Master

Yea i definitley thought the motor was making more power than the chassis dyno suggested but i wouldnt have thought it was making this much, im going to be at the track saturday and im also going on april 27th for a rental so i should be able to get a ton of runs that day.

BTW these dyno numbers were after i drover the car 20 minutes and hit some traffic on the way there, the car had some heat in it which is what i wanted, i wanted the numbers to be as consistent with when i drive the car to the track as possible

The car has the box R on it. Id actually like to try the regular R upper again, i really dont think the box helped at all, but i changed a couple things when i swapped the box onto it so its hard to say if it helped or hurt
  4. Rick 91GT

Rick 91GT SN Certified Technician Site Sponsor

Albums:
    Shop is growing which is good, but that takes time away from mine. Although I do plan to have it back on the street by summer...yes just your normal 25.5 chassis, 32v, turbo'd to hell and back 91 GT....man I cant wait it's been way too long.
  5. 90lxcoupe

90lxcoupe Mustang Master

6. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

Hahaha yesssssssss.
  7. 90lxcoupe

90lxcoupe Mustang Master

Figured id update this... Well, after feeling like the car was pretty dialed in on motor, i got off my ass and wired the window switch for the nitrous. The car has a 150 shot in it. The first pass i made on the juice it went 10.05 at 135mph on a pretty hot and humid day. Then the bottle ran out the next pass. So i went back to the track two weeks later, on a much cooler day, no humidity, with 2 full bottles this time. First pass went 10.20 at 136mph. The pass was ugly and violent. Pulled the wheels up pretty good, then unloaded the tires, then i got out of the gas, and then when i got back into it, it pulled the tires up again, then when i shifted 2nd, it did another little wheelie. The car stayed straight the whole time so it didnt feel like the pass was that bad in the car until i watched the video. The second pass of the day i added 2psi in the slicks and moved the front struts two clicks tighter. The pass felt very smooth, but something didnt feel right so at about 1100 feet i let the car coast thru the traps. I still went a 9.93 at 131mph. I was pretty pumped about this.

So the next pass i went up, and tried to leave a bit harder, and the car went mid 10's at 128 mph. I was out of nitrous at about 100 feet. The good news though, the car launched perfect, best pass ive ever made in the car. Including a new personal best 1.39 sixty foot. At this point i was pretty excited... I put the fresh bottle in and went out loaded for bear. Tried launching the car at about 6000rpms on the spray, and i found a soft spot in the driveline..............

[​IMG]

All in all, it was a successful day. I ran my first 9 second pass, and came home happy despite breaking the eaton posi into 100 pieces. The car is getting some 33 spline axles and a spool next
  8. VibrantRedGT

VibrantRedGT "STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER" Super Mod

Guess that was your weakest link. Rebuild then go back for more.
  9. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

Doh! 9s FTW, though! That's awesome!

Edit- what ever happened to your big-inch Windsor plans?
  10. 90lxcoupe

90lxcoupe Mustang Master

I just gave PK machine some cash, the cylinder heads, intake and cam, so that should be coming together soon. Dont know when that will be in the car though
  11. 90lxcoupe

90lxcoupe Mustang Master

12. GroverDill

GroverDill GoldMember

both great pictures and 9 sec slip, awesome!
  13. 90lxcoupe

90lxcoupe Mustang Master

Thanks, im up to 4 nine second slips now. Working on getting some more on black friday :)
  14. HotFox

HotFox Active Member

So I see your going to build something bigger. What will you use for a trans? I see that is for sale. How do you like the megasquirt? I would almost consider buying your fuel system if some just wants the engine.

Scott
  15. 90lxcoupe

90lxcoupe Mustang Master

My plan is to use my transmisson if i dont sell it. If i do i will probably end up with a faceplated TKO600, or a T56 if i can find a deal. The megasquirt is great, although, i may go with holley EFI for the new motor, or MS3X, i havent decieded yet. Also, my fuel system is pretty basic. 255 in the tank, 255 external, and stock lines to the stock fuel rails.