347 build?

ls1beater4eva

May 13, 2005
mooresville
ok well i now have my 347 kit and was wondering if i should run a main girdle or a windage tray i have allso purchased a canton oil pan . i was wondering if the main girdle was a good idea , and if i should run arp main bolts or the main studs.
I have purchased a melling oil pump and it says it is adj but it does tell youi how to adj it or anything like that has anybody ever heard of this?

• Sponsors (?)

run a girdle and windage tray. The main girdle will not increase the block strength but will hold the rotating assembly together if the block splits. A windage tray will provide you with more positive engine lubrication by reducing the interior windage at higher engine speeds and frees up hp.

The girdle prevents main cap walk and that causes the cracking and spun bearings. At this point, a girdle and windage tray isn't necessary, but it wouldn't hurt to have them either. The tray can add a little amount of power because of controlling the oil spray off the crank and might be worth getting but no biggie if you don't.