347 stroker prices, good kits

EXTRPR50

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
Hey, Ive decided to go with a stroker kit for my 95 GT. Now, I dont think I need a forged crank of high dollar items in it. Im really using it as a second car to play in. I dont need a shortblock, cuz Im going to build it myself using a block Ill get from somewhere. And the heads, Im still undecided on.
So with that who has a kit to suit my needs at the best price?
Thanx

• Sponsors (?)

For your needs, i'd go with the scat 9000 cast steel crank kit from adperformance.com for $999. Thats what I use except I went with light weight probe rods. They're for high rpm n/a engines.

Have it balanced to 28oz and use a fidanza aluminum flywheel and a light weight romac balancer.

For your needs, i'd go with the scat 9000 cast steel crank kit from adperformance.com for $999. Thats what I use except I went with light weight probe rods. They're for high rpm n/a engines.

Have it balanced to 28oz and use a fidanza aluminum flywheel and a light weight romac balancer.

To add to this, I priced out a 347 stroker from a good local guy engine builder who does a lot of racing motors and marine engines. I talked to him today and he's adament about only using Scat cranks (forged or cast) and SRP pistons I don't remember which rods he uses (I think SRP). The total cost for the shortblock which would inlude machining and everything for the stock block came out to be $1900. That pirce also includes the re-balancing of the stock flywheel and a new (proffesional products) balancer :nice: So I'm gonna do mine through those guys. Then he said to add $150 for clearance checking and assembly if I wanted it.

ok say I want a 347 would this stuff work?

TFS TW Heads
TFS Stage 1 cam
TFS Street Heat Intake
75mm TB

And what size Inj's, MAF would I need?

Also does normal 302 U/d Pullies work or wouldn't I need them? Balancer and all that other kinda BS stuff do I need.

THe "kit" comes with a crank and pistions and all that good stuff correct?

Trying to get an idea on price incase I have to rebuild. Not sure what I want yet but I've seen people mention you might as well go 347 then anything else cause your only paying a little more

MysteryMachine said:
ok let me get this right. A 347 if built using a stock 302 block right? If so what all is done to it to make a 347? I'm confused because when you bore one you get a 306. Wheres all them extra cubes coming from?

The piston makes a longer stroke ... thus the reason ...............

everybody calls em STROKERS :D

A 306 uses the same amount of piston travel so the extra cubes come from additional bore only.

Grady

MysteryMachine said:
ok say I want a 347 would this stuff work?

TFS TW Heads
TFS Stage 1 cam
TFS Street Heat Intake
75mm TB

And what size Inj's, MAF would I need?

Also does normal 302 U/d Pullies work or wouldn't I need them? Balancer and all that other kinda BS stuff do I need.

THe "kit" comes with a crank and pistions and all that good stuff correct?

Trying to get an idea on price incase I have to rebuild. Not sure what I want yet but I've seen people mention you might as well go 347 then anything else cause your only paying a little more

Not the best induction package for a 347. You won't make much more than 315rwhp. You can use those heads but pick a good cam and manifold. A holley would be a nice choice.

MysteryMachine said:
so If I wanted to stick wth my Intake I'd be better off with a 306? Then would all that stuff be ok?

You'd still be better off building a stroker. You get a nice foundation to which you can improve down the road. You'll still have more power across the board with a 347 over a 306. If you dont have the induction parts yet, just get the right ones come stroker time. Don't settle for mediocrety.

Grn92LX said:
You'd still be better off building a stroker. You get a nice foundation to which you can improve down the road. You'll still have more power across the board with a 347 over a 306. If you dont have the induction parts yet, just get the right ones come stroker time. Don't settle for mediocrety.

+1:nice:

im also interested in a 347 kit.I was looking at dss and i see that their 331 and 347 kit is the same price.Anyone know the difference?

I went to local machine shop and they use eagle kits from summit and jegs. Anyone hear or have good thing about eagle?

thanks
Jesse