34K miles....what maintenance is due?

bonestock87

Founding Member
Dec 19, 2001
Cape Coral, FL
I don't really have a history of what has been maintenanced on my car as I bought it with 30K miles on it back in the summer. I want to be sure I do all the necessary maintenance while it sits in the garage this winter. So at this mileage, what should I go ahead and replace? I Seafoamed it last week (= :nice: )and of course changed the oil a couple of times since purchased. I have Zero mods to date (well, unless a K&N drop in and silencer removal count), and other than gears and shifter, I doubt I'll do much to this one. I just want to keep it in top notch shape, but I'm a mod-motor "virgin".:doh:

• Sponsors (?)

Not meaning to be wise to you, but your owner's manual has EVERYTHING recommended. There are a lot of things that come in the regular intervals.

Me, I would go through that thing top to bottom and get any warranty items taken care of, as you are almost done. :)

+1 owner's manual

Def do these:
diff fluid
brake fluid
fuel filter
reset pcm
replace shocks and struts

Inspect:
tie rod ends
ball joints
belts, hoses, and cables on battery connection
tires
brake pads (should be fine at 30k)

Also have it aligned, especially if you will be driving in snow

fuel filter, trans fluid even a stick,i change my rearend gear oil every 30,plugs maybe, air filter,pcv valve,and search the forum and learn how to install a seperator on your car,other than that screw the manual,i change my oil every 3000 with synthetic and my manual says longer than that,all my friends say i am extreme with my maintenance but my cars usually last 200,000 and i run them quite hard.

Another option to the owners manual is to check out ford's website. Clicky clicky

You register with your VIN number, and it'll give you the scheduled maintenance due and crap.. it also has a log of all service ever entered against its VIN number, the cost of the service performed, and who did it.

You can add your own in there too, so if/when you decide to sell it, you can prove that you followed the maintenance schedule.