351 carb to efi swap

88stang1

Mar 11, 2009
hi i know its been done before but i cant find a post here. probably looking in the wrong spot. it is a 351w from a mid 80's crown vic and i know that i have to swap the headers, lower intake, acc. brackets etc.. but im wondering what i need to do to swap from carb to efi. its going in a 88 notch that has a built rear, on barrowed time t-5, tourqe box reinforcements, MM full lenght sfc, supporting mods etc... thanks a lot guys :Track:

• Sponsors (?)

hi i know its been done before but i cant find a post here. probably looking in the wrong spot. it is a 351w from a mid 80's crown vic and i know that i have to swap the headers, lower intake, acc. brackets etc.. but im wondering what i need to do to swap from carb to efi. its going in a 88 notch that has a built rear, on barrowed time t-5, tourqe box reinforcements, MM full lenght sfc, supporting mods etc... thanks a lot guys :Track:

there isnt much more to its the engine its self is a drop in ,might need a 351 fox oil pan from summit or jegs , you can use your fuel rail from the 5.0 i think .your comp and wiring should work as well. gonna need an intake upper and lower ,and the headers for a 351 swap ,also a 351 specfic flwwhl as they have a diffrent balance than a 5.0 . gd luck

I just finished my 351w swap

It is pretty much easy but you need alot of parts. oil pan,new upper and lower intake( you can make the 302 rails fit with some work),, flywheel 28 oz(I got mine from napa), efi distributor from 351w truck, 351 headers, maybe bigger radiator, and a way to tune for the 351. I used solid motor mounts and the vibration is not bad at all. If you have any questions ask while it is all fresh in my mind. since you are going efi you will need computer and harnesses as well. good luck