351 headers

• Sponsors (?)

SuperDust22 said:
will the smae header fit a 351 and a 302 heads. I have 351 heads out of a 70' car if I bought some new AFR heads would the headers still fit?

Dustin
they will fit. the afr heads are actually 351 heads.(1/2" head bolts) the bolt patterns are identical. real 302 heads only have 7/16 head bolts.

Who has seen the hooker headers advertised and where.(351 swap headers for 95). Cause I have not been able to find them on the net yet.

SuperDust22 said:
will the smae header fit a 351 and a 302 heads. I have 351 heads out of a 70' car if I bought some new AFR heads would the headers still fit?

Dustin

Depends, if you get a afr225 head, your gonna need the kooks headers. For one, they are raised ports, second, the exhaust ports are so huge they need a 1-7/8 primary to cover them, and the bolt pattern(for header) is different.

I have been on both kooks and hooker websites and neither one shows any long tube 351's. Only 302. Hooker does show a short tube 1 5/8", but I'm putting together a 427ci motor and need at least 1 3/4x30. Do I have to call kooks for a custom application?

ARVtheHPjunki said:
I have been on both kooks and hooker websites and neither one shows any long tube 351's. Only 302. Hooker does show a short tube 1 5/8", but I'm putting together a 427ci motor and need at least 1 3/4x30. Do I have to call kooks for a custom application?

I never really checked out kooks website, i called them directly. They do have longtubes of course! Tell them the heads your using, engine, etc etc and they will give you a part # for the headers. Then you will need to call one of their distributers, i went through bennet racing and everything went smoothly. Bennet racing said 3 week wait, had them in 2 weeks they were 630 uncoated.

ARVtheHPjunki said:

I'm thinking 1-3/4 will be a little small for that many inches. Call Kooks and ask. I'm betting they tell you 1-7/8-->2" step headers. Guess it'll depend on your heads and RPM. They sent me 1-7/8 for my N/A 408 @ 7200rpm with AFR 225's.

The difference between the Fox & SN95 headers are due to the difference in the steering setup.

Here is my problem after I finish the bottom end I want to get the motor in the car. I was going to leave the stock 351 heads on there. Ported of course. Maybe new springs etc. I heard they can be a very good head. I will buy heads later but that's what I am doing to start. The main question is if I buy a set of long tubes headers for the 351 will they fit a set of Edelbrock Vic Jr later. I don't want to buy headers twice.

Dustin

edelbrock victor jr. heads have the exhaust port raised .130". so the fit would be slightly questionable. If you purchase heads that have the intake and exhaust port locations in the factory positions(such as afr 185's) they will fit exactly the same as your stock 351 heads.

Well i have a 396 set up with afr 205's i called cooks and the headers they sold me ran me 540 and all i had to do was tap the number 8 tube to clear the steering linkage no bid deal. the primaries are 1 7/8 fit was great just have to put them in in the right sequence, and did it with all the accessories on the motor and fully bolted down no jacking or breaking the motor loose. the stainless steel was 620 i think. i brought the steel, fit them in bent the 8 tube and had the coated by jethot. worked out well but what killed me was the egr tube still trying to get that sorted out because im keeping all the fuel infection on the car

I have a 351, 185 AFR's in a SN95. I don't want Kooks custom headers or long tubes. I don't care what headers are made, I jsut need somethign basic to bolt on and cheap. I'am going turbo so I don't need $500+ headers.

Who sells what I'am looking for?