Roush 351?????

• Sponsors (?)

All S351's featured the Vortech supercharger as standard equipment from 1997 until their demise in 2000.

There were 3 different S351 models offered from 1994 to 1996. The standard S351 featured a normally aspirated 351 V8. The SR featured the Vortech supercharged 351 with several other racing inspired options such as the FIA bi-plane rear wing, magnesium wheels, Recaro racing seats, 2 point roll bar, rear seat delete, etc. & the S351R model offered the supercharged 351 without the SR racing options.

...1994 to 1995 the supercharger was an option or an "R" code. If you bought it N/A it was the "T" code. In 1996, all 351's were blown.....

I thought the "T" code was an option?? It had the bigger brakes and leather Recaros which was not standard.

I have seen N/A cars with Cloth seats and standard brakes. Mark just had a N/A 1995 S351 on his site with cloth seats and standard brakes. As far as I know It could not have been a T code car.

I have the letter for my car from Liz and she says thats it is a T code which included these options.

That is correct. T-Code is an option. BUT you could if you had an R code, you would not have a T-Code as R-Code had everything the T-Code would as well as the addition of a supercharger. A T-Code means leather seats and 13" brakes. The two cars in 96 that were not supercharged were T-Codes. Highly optioned N/A S351 cars.

That is correct. T-Code is an option. BUT you could if you had an R code, you would not have a T-Code as R-Code had everything the T-Code would as well as the addition of a supercharger. A T-Code means leather seats and 13" brakes. The two cars in 96 that were not supercharged were T-Codes. Highly optioned N/A S351 cars.

If a T -code means you get leather seats and a R-code has all T-code options......riddle me this.....why does my 95 R Code have cloth? Trying to figure out the logic on this one and I am stumped. I guess "Saleen" is another word for mixing and matching. Maybe they forgot?

Thanks
Bill

Right you are. Sorry for the confusion:

R-Code = Vortech Supercharger, 13" vented front disc brakes, 4-piston calipers, twin-gauge pod reading boost and fuel pressure, 4 core radiator, dual high-flow fuel pumps, enhanced engine management module = $6,244

T-Code = 13 inch rotors, 4 piston calipers 3:27 to 1 rear axle, Saleen leather seats = $4,744

On the R-Code, you would have to option the leather seats for an additional $2,244.

Sorry for the confusion.

Right you are. Sorry for the confusion:

R-Code = Vortech Supercharger, 13" vented front disc brakes, 4-piston calipers, twin-gauge pod reading boost and fuel pressure, 4 core radiator, dual high-flow fuel pumps, enhanced engine management module = $6,244

T-Code = 13 inch rotors, 4 piston calipers 3:27 to 1 rear axle, Saleen leather seats = $4,744

On the R-Code, you would have to option the leather seats for an additional $2,244.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the breakdown:nice: I forgot about the 3:27 gears as part of the option.

My car has a carbon fiber hood (that was a subject about a month ago) and it sounds like that was pretty rare one. A picture was shown of the underneath and thats the kind I have. It also had Magnesium wheels on it when I bought it. These were not mentioned on the letter from Liz or the Saleen book. Could these have been on the car from Saleen or would they have been added?

I talked to a guy who built a motor for it when it was new with under 50mi and he said it had the hood on it then. I forgot to ask him about the wheels though. I should call him again to verify all this.

Does anyone know if you can get the build sheet still from Saleen?

Hp, what about torque?

What kind of HP did the 351's put out?

Nice numbers, but the torque is the fun part. Big time grunt.

They will never compete for HP with multi valve engines. Engines are air pumps......newer 281's just breath better. Thus , they will always generate more HP, but torque is the key in real world driving vs. dyno testerone sessions. Just my .02

Dan

Nice numbers, but the torque is the fun part. Big time grunt.

They will never compete for HP with multi valve engines. Engines are air pumps......newer 281's just breath better. Thus , they will always generate more HP, but torque is the key in real world driving vs. dyno testerone sessions. Just my .02

Dan

I forgot the darn data....I am getting too old. Our 95 put down 505 RWHP and torque near that, I will have to find the dyno sheet. It was upgraded to 50lb injectoirs, and a new custom chip....FMU disconnected.

Dan