351W Fox owners

I'm thinking about going with a 351W. The problem is that I want to convert it over to a hydraulic roller cam setup. I saw some for $400. :mad: Besides that, what's some good long tube headers for this swap? Also, what's some good oil pans? Any input would be appreciated. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Roller cams:
You can do it three ways.
1. Use a small base circle cam (every mfgr of roller cams offers them - just ask) with your 5.0 spiders and roller lifters. Just make sure to have your block machined for it when its at the shop.

2. You can buy the Comp/Crane/FMS link bar lifters and use a regular roller cam.

3. Use solid link bar lifters and a soild lift roller.

I like choice #2 buts its the most expensive.

Oil Pans - If you plan on going over 6500 frequently use a HV oil pump and the Moroso/Canton/Custom 7 qt pan. If your staying under 6500 use a stock replacement pump and a FMS pan kit.

Headers: THis is all preference. I used MAC and other than it being a bitch to find a regular H-pipe to fit the forkin 3" collectors and still use my 2 1/2" Flows - they fitl like a glove.

I am sure you will get more...

What are some of the best years to use and what vehicles do they come in? I'm also curious about the flywheel. Will the stock 5.0 flywheel work? I kind of like the 1st way of converting to roller since it seems to be the cheapest. After all, this will be a low buck swap for now.

Not a Fox Stang, but I am just about done doing one in my 93 Tbird. Been a LONG SLOW project. Every thing that I looked at, seemed to need to be upgraded, and I ended up doing a lot more than I had planed. Just got my last order of fuel system parts and will start on the ignition next week. I went with a carbed 393 stroker.

gettingclose.jpg

Attachments

• gettingclose.jpg
    gettingclose.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 78
Cool, another 79 Capri. hehe I still want to keep my EFI when I start doing this swap though. I do want to install a girdle and full ARP bolts to add a bit of extra strength while I'm using nitrous. I also have someone offering me a set of MAC longtubes, 3" X-pipe, and 3" MAC cat-back for $400 which sounds pretty good to me. Will my accessories bolt right up to the 351W with the exception of a different belt size?

No, your alternator will be ok. If you have p/s and or a/c you will need a fms accessory bracket for these. The windsors have an inch taller deck height and your brackets won't fit. Do a search, I posted (along with others) a pile of good info on this swap lately.