351w questions

DKeen

Dec 6, 2004
I have a fox with a 351w in it, I just recently got it running, as I bought it in non running condition. I dont have the proper dipstick for it, so my first question is what is the oil capacity on an older 351w? dumb question, but i cant find it anywhere.

Next I think it could use a new carb, what should I be looking at for a performance oriented carb for this engine?

and third, the motor mounts are pretty shot, are the motor mounts the same ones as used for the 5.0?

thanks, dan.

• Sponsors (?)

DKeen said:
I have a fox with a 351w in it, I just recently got it running, as I bought it in non running condition. I dont have the proper dipstick for it, so my first question is what is the oil capacity on an older 351w? dumb question, but i cant find it anywhere.

Next I think it could use a new carb, what should I be looking at for a performance oriented carb for this engine?

and third, the motor mounts are pretty shot, are the motor mounts the same ones as used for the 5.0?

thanks, dan.

Depends on the pan for the volume.

Carb depends on the RPM range. 750 would be the max I would go. Mine runs 11's with a 750. 600-650 should be fine for a mild street car.

Motor mounts are the same.

ff

If the pan is stamped steel and looks to be factory, then it is most likely a 5qt system - 4 in the pan and 1 in the filter.

If the pan looks aftermarket all bets are off. Could be 5-7qt.

Most dipsticks aren't very accurate, whether stock or aftermarket. The best thing to do is check to see how accurate it is at full and low readings. The process is pretty simple and a quick search of old threads should give you answers to any questions on the process.

good luck