351W questions.

btlfed91

Apr 18, 2008
STL
OK guys im sure some of you have already been here and back already but I'm trying to catch up.I am trying to get together the parts I need to put a 351W in my fox I picked up the longblock already out of a 95 bronco its got everything on it back to the flywheel but I'm not quite sure what I need to do as far as balancing on it with already having everything there.I already read the sticky at the top of the page but I'm still not sure. Can I use the balancer and flywheel that are on the motor now or do I need to get new stuff?I am planning on using my trickflow stuff from my 302,Ive got the oil pan but what about brackets and stuff can I use them off the 351 also?Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

youll need a different lower intake, widen the lines on your 302 rails if you're resuing them, the 351 swap pan or if you can find one from a crown vic it should be the same, not sure about the bronco brackets, the original flywheel and balancer should work as long as the flywheel has the right amount of teeth, also a tfi..efi distributor if it wasn't efi. you'll also need new headers. oh and a spacer for the crank pulley to make it line up to the serpentine setup, assuming you're resuing that. I think thats it....I'm doing the same swap too

I'm doing this swap right now also. You two pretty much have it covered.

As far as brackets, I'm re-using my fox alternator bracket, because it only bolts to the head, and for the power steering bracket with a/c delete I'm going to going to buy the one from Ford, it's only like 50$. It needs to be replaced because it bolts to the head and also the water pump bolts, which are obviously further away on the 351.