351w Waterpump rotation?

I'm finally getting around to buying the remaining engine parts I need to finisher the ol' girl up.

I have a 1989 351w engine, what rotation water pump do I need? For some reason I think someone down the line mentioned reversed.. But how do I know for sure?

Other Items I'm looking into are the following, just in case anyone wants to mention anything on these parts as well.

timing cover, Oil Pan, Ingnition system, Distributor, alternator (1-wire), Flywheel (how do I know tooth & size?), Harmonic balancer (size ?)

Thanks for all the help as usual.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

It depends on if you use a serpentine belt system or the original "V" belt system. Timing cover depends on if you are going to use a mech fuel pump or electric. Oil pan depends on if you are going to use the oil dip stick in front or on the pan. Balancer depends on belt system you are going to use. Flywheel depends on transmission to be used. Ignition or distributor depends on what you want but if you are running a hyd roller cam you must use a dist. with a steel gear. Alternator depends on belt system again for the type of pully to use.

the timing cover will determain if you are going to use a mech fuel pump or an electric. Also if you do not have the rount piece that bolts to the end of the timing gear on the cam then you wouldn't be able to run a mech fuel pump. Some timing chan covers do not have the opening for the mounting of a fuel pump.
If you are going to go to a dizzy i would recomend a msd piece. That being said do not get MSD PN 8584. Because in the future if you want to put a vic jr intake on the car this dizzy will not work with it. You need to get PN 85805. that works with the vic jr intake.
The oil pan i believe should be the same as any oil pan that mounts on a 302 to intall into your car. I would call milidon or moroso and get a 7 quart pan that fits the 351w for your car.
For Flywheel tooth and size we would have to know what tranny you are planning on using. Its going to be a 28 oz flywheel though.
For balancer get a 28oz that is sfi approved. Stay away from the brand name CAT. yes they are cheap.