3900 lbs?!?!?!

• Sponsors (?)

Well just for the record it's not like i'm TRIED to lighten my car....it's just that there isn't much to it ya know? It's a really bare bones car. I have a jammed full tool box in the trunk and when i go to the track i usually leave it in there to give me some weight over the back tires :lol:

The thing is though, among V8 Mustangs (fox's anyways) they didn't get any lighter than the '79-85 no option coupes. My car wasn't a no option car from the factory but the only thing it has that a no option car doesn't is power steering.

OK let's do this.....let's say the car did weigh 3200lbs with AC, spare tire and jack, all the trunk mats and stuff, stereo, smog pump and all emissions, converters on the exhaust, steel bumpers, steel drive shaft, stock hood and stock heavy ass wheels and tires....

Then you remove all that junk and put on Weld fats/skinnies. How much does all that add up to? I guess i'm crazy to think that it's more than 200lbs? I know the AC pump is pretty damn heavy....so is the spare tire and jack, that's probably close to 100lbs alone.

Don't forget center console and rear seat and spare tire delete. ;)

Yeah that's another thing...no center console. I always forget about that part since mine never came with one.

Oh, and i unscrewed my radio antenna outside on the fender...that's gotta count for like, .005 lbs or something right? :lol: Also it doesn't have any badges...that's another .005 lbs :lol:

I could save another 50 pounds-ish I bet if I removed my a/c compressor, smog pump(only things left from either system). Saved a lot of weight when I went carbed won't even get into that. Wiring harness I installed is prolly half the weight of the stock EFI harness plus computer. Saved weight when I switched from AOD to t5. Could shed even more if I removed the tranny cooler in front of the radiator. :D This has me really curious how much it weighs now. Also the whole trunk section is stripped bare.

Well just for the record it's not like i'm TRIED to lighten my car....it's just that there isn't much to it ya know? It's a really bare bones car. I have a jammed full tool box in the trunk and when i go to the track i usually leave it in there to give me some weight over the back tires :lol:

The thing is though, among V8 Mustangs (fox's anyways) they didn't get any lighter than the '79-85 no option coupes. My car wasn't a no option car from the factory but the only thing it has that a no option car doesn't is power steering.

OK let's do this.....let's say the car did weigh 3200lbs with AC, spare tire and jack, all the trunk mats and stuff, stereo, smog pump and all emissions, converters on the exhaust, steel bumpers, steel drive shaft, stock hood and stock heavy ass wheels and tires....

Then you remove all that junk and put on Weld fats/skinnies. How much does all that add up to? I guess i'm crazy to think that it's more than 200lbs? I know the AC pump is pretty damn heavy....so is the spare tire and jack, that's probably close to 100lbs alone.

Mine is barebones too, no AC, no power windows, no cruise.. the only options I have are power steering and electric mirrors...

Silly me I forgot I have a entire Mustang encyclopedia by Father in law bought me. Ok for the 85 year the coupe only actually wieghs 125lbs lighter then a GT.
Damn book doesn't give the ezact wieght though. Ok a 1979 Base coupe with a 2.3L in it wieghed 2431lbs. Thats lighter then the original 1964 1/2.

Silly me I forgot I have a entire Mustang encyclopedia by Father in law bought me. Ok for the 85 year the coupe only actually wieghs 125lbs lighter then a GT.
Damn book doesn't give the ezact wieght though. Ok a 1979 Base coupe with a 2.3L in it wieghed 2431lbs. Thats lighter then the original 1964 1/2.

I believe I stated it was the lightest. And spell check is a free item! ;)

I believe I stated it was the lightest. And spell check is a free item! ;)

Is there a spell check here somewhere? I am a horrible speller. I would use it for sure. But getting back to the wieght issue. You can see how the 4 eyes car could easilly be 2800lbs after you gut a little out of them. Heck mine would be right around that wieght with a full interior if I didn't install the 351w and the roll cage.

Is there a spell check here somewhere? I am a horrible speller. I would use it for sure. But getting back to the wieght issue. You can see how the 4 eyes car could easilly be 2800lbs after you gut a little out of them. Heck mine would be right around that wieght with a full interior if I didn't install the 351w and the roll cage.

Im just bustin on ya! FireFox 2.0 has spell check! The wieght issue is always a great debate! :nice:

There a lot of arguing going on here without much factual support, so instead of arguing anymore, why dont you guys go weigh your cars and post up the results.

I'll go first, my car fully loaded, 3/4 tank, iron heads, no driver was 3110.